Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift and tire help

Old 11-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
09 tacomaa is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
09 tacomaa's Tacoma Gallery
lift and tire help

Can you fit 305/70/17 tires on a 3" lift in the rear and a 5" in the front??? BTW its on a 2009 double cab.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Well that would be a drop bracket lift which will put your tires 5" lower at full stuff so yes it will fit.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
2" add-a-leafs with a 1" block in the rear, then 3" spacers with 2.5" bilstein shock so 5.5" to give it that sqquat look
Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
that would fuck up your cvs sooooooo bad. you need need a drop bracket if you want more than 3 inches.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
bad idea on the lift
Old 11-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 tacomaa View Post
2" add-a-leafs with a 1" block in the rear, then 3" spacers with 2.5" bilstein shock so 5.5" to give it that sqquat look

That's what I was worried you were going to say when I saw you were planning 5" of lift.

You absolutely cannot stack lifts like that. The billy's will have no more down travel left.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Critical mass approaching.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
heallllls yeah BRO!
Hahahaha this made me laugh so much!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
heallllls yeah BRO!
Braaaaap!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
OP:If you really want the bro-lean/ass-sag look, just go with 3" up front and keep the rear stock. That won't cause you any problems.

Or if you have lots of cash, go with a 6" drop bracket in the front and 3" in the rear, or something like that.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Or just long travel it brah
Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #15

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Funny, when I noticed that my rear was sagging I thought it meant that my rear springs were shot, I didn't realize it was the new cool look.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #16

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I'm looking for 8" of lift, good thing I found this thread.

Can I stack a spacer lift on top of a DB followed by some coil overs?

I wanna stuff 44" super swampers under my Prius...can I do it? Will it hurt my MPG's? I like getting 40mpg now so I wanna keep it efficient.
Put 80psi in yout tires, that's worth 3/4"!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #17

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good idea and Ill get better MPG as well...ok what can I do to get the other 7-1/4" of lift. I wanna be able to drive over my Buddie's truck, a POS Tacoma
Get some strap steel and make some 7" long shackles, use them with some blocks made from uni-strut, you's be all set!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

can I use wood - it's green and easy to work with. just need some really long u bolts....Ill watch out for the termites
Do it...the wood will swell on rainy days and give you more lift...it will be like having hydraulics!!1!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #19

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Do it...the wood will swell on rainy days and give you more lift...it will be like having hydraulics!!1!
AND, help get through deep puddles!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
ok so if i got 3" lift in the front with stock suspension in the back, could i fit 285/70/17s with out rubbing front or rear?