Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Nitrogen recharge: When?

Old 11-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Nitrogen recharge: When?

Howdy,

I have some SAW 2.0 c/os and they just recently developed a clunk at the first tap of uptravel when hitting bumps.

The ride is still good, seals look good, no leakage... time to recharge? or rebuild?

I have plenty of experience dealing with dirtbike forks but none with nitrogen charging. Also, everything seems fine... except for the annoying clunk.

I did crank them up another .5" about 500miles ago.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No real way to tell if they need a recharge. Best to have them charged every 2 years, depending on use.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No real way to tell if they need a recharge. Best to have them charged every 2 years, depending on use.
Really? Why would I ever recharge them then?

I'm not sure what the clunk is, but I have a feeling that if I put them back down .5" the clunk will disappear...

I did get these cheap. new, but old stock. Prob should recharge anyway.

thanks C4x
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Really? Why would I ever recharge them then?

I'm not sure what the clunk is, but I have a feeling that if I put them back down .5" the clunk will disappear...

I did get these cheap. new, but old stock. Prob should recharge anyway.

thanks C4x

You can tell....They feel kinda "flat"....Hard to explain.