1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Difference between rear stock trd bilstein hd shocks vs rear bilstein 5100

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaGRG, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    alumaman

alumaman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yukon
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    Header, cold air intake 2" body lift
    I have 5100's on a GMC Duramax and my '95 Tacoma, I would swear by them. I replaced the front coils and rear leafs on the tacoma and have 5100's all around. It rides great and sits level with a 2" body lift. The 5100's have been on my GMC for two years and I've given them a real beating on the roads up north. The only difference between the stock shocks and the bilsteins is when I put my cargo trailer on the truck it drops more than the stock shocks. As far as I know the bilsteins are the only shocks on the market that are warranted if you leave the ground. I haven't tried this intentionally

2. Dec 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    They gave me 1 9/16 on the driver side and 1 13/16 on the pass side . I wish I would of put the 1/4 in spacer for the taco lean .They give an awesome ride !

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top