Notices

Difference between rear stock trd bilstein hd shocks vs rear bilstein 5100

Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
Difference between rear stock trd bilstein hd shocks vs rear bilstein 5100

I know the 5100s will give me a smoother ride but are there any other differences? Are they as duarable as the HDs?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
well werth the money.5100s are 10 times the stock trd ones are.imo.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Are the 5100s longer, to give greater droop travel?
Old 11-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
The difference is that I actually enjoy going over speed bumps now because the feeling of the plush travel is so absolutely buttery smooth

The 5100's are about twice as beefy as the TRD stock Bilsteins.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
5100s give more travel and there valving gives a much better ride. And yes, there way beefier than stock TRD Billys
Old 12-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
hutchg is on a distinguished road
hutchg's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so I hate to sound uneducated about my shocks but.... what is on my 2010 DC Sport? I know they are Bilsteins but are they HD? some Toyota special order? 5100s?

If I have HD shocks and the 5100s give a bit softer, smoother ride then I'll get 5100s. or something else based on input from TW.

Thanks
Hutch
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchg View Post
OK, so I hate to sound uneducated about my shocks but.... what is on my 2010 DC Sport? I know they are Bilsteins but are they HD? some Toyota special order? 5100s?

If I have HD shocks and the 5100s give a bit softer, smoother ride then I'll get 5100s. or something else based on input from TW.

Thanks
Hutch
The stock Billys are blue/yellow.The 5100's are silver.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
I HAVE 5100S IN THE FRONT BUT CONTEMPLATING PUTTING THEM ON THE BACK WHEN I MOUNT MY NEW WHEELS WHEN THEY COME IN. i TOO WONDER IF IT IS WORTH IT. i HAVE A CANOPY ON THE BACK OF MY SPORT DC. SO THE RIDE WILL BE SMOOTHER.

EXPLAIN SMOOTHER. IS THIS SOFTER OR STIFFER? I HONESTLY FIND MY TRUCK A LITTLE SOFT.

I JUST WANT TO JUSTIFY ME GOING TO BUY THESE. PLS TALK ME INTO IT OR OUT OF IT WITH SOME BETTER INFO.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'D LIKE TO HELP YOU OUT BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE. I'M SURE THE 5100 SHOCKS ARE VALVED A LITTLE STIFFER.