Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Are my leaf springs shot??

Old 11-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Are my leaf springs shot??

I have an 09' TRD off road Double Cab with 50,000 miles on it. The previous owner did not have the TSB done so it has the original 3 leaf pack. I was looking at the packs today and it appears as if they have a negative arch. I am going to attempt to see if they will do the TSB out of warranty (I know my chances are slim and none) but when they most likely say no, what would my best option be? AAL or replace the entire pack? I have a topper on the bed and the truck sits pretty level and is even slightly nose high. I was thinking about doing 5100's all the way around with either the AAL or new leaf pack. I don't need the truck to sit level and wouldnt mind the stock look of it being slightly bed high. Thoughts??

Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
not saying they are shot but.....i would replace them and hey!! mine look worse!!! replacing mine in spring
Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the idiot postings OP, I'm logged in at work and fellow co-worker tried to be cute and "give advice" as she stated.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
hahah, No problem! Tell her thank you for the suggestion
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Would an AAL be okay or would new leafs be the better route?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
chugchug is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
chugchug's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2005 with 56k on it. I bought used and I bought an after market warranty and they covered the springs but not the shocks. So if you have an after market warranty give it a shot
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMal View Post
Would an AAL be okay or would new leafs be the better route?
AAL would be a waste of time at this point. Get new leaf springs entirely.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
yup, new leaf springs.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
AAL would be a waste of time at this point. Get new leaf springs entirely.
X453647375445647545423546235764648
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info guys... I was planning on getting the 5100's all the way around. I don't need a 3 inch lift, 2 or 2.5 would be fine. What would be a good set of leaf springs to compliment the 5100's. The only ones I have seen are the Dakar OME. Any other options?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
All- Pro has a replacement leaf pack that gets good rep here. They are currently on sale - 25% off. I just ordered a pair for my 05' Access 4X4 last night. My original spring pack looks a lot like yours...so I figured an AAL would not be enough to rid me of my sag. They are also making a beefier "expedition" leaf spring pack you might look into w/ a cap on back.
http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacom...omaleafsprings
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info guys. I am still a little confused as I am a "noob" to this stuff. I am looking to get around the same ride height as a truck with the TSB springs and an AAL. Something that will still be able to use the 5100 shocks. I am reading that the 5100's might be too short for the OME and the icon springs. Is that correct? I guess another option would be to find some TSB springs and just use those with the Billies...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Would this set up work for me?

OME leaf springs
Bilstein shocks all the way around
OME 885 springs

OR

The complete OME suspension lift kit with the OME leaf springs

OR

Wheelers Alcan springs 2" and the 5100's all the way around with stock coils.

Sorry for all the questions

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
wow, wonder how they got like that after only 50k? mine doesn't have the TSB done either and with 70k on the clock they look nothing like yours