Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift advise

Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
pse1cam is on a distinguished road
Name: pse1cam
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
lift advise

i just bought a 2010 tacoma trd about 2 months ago. it has all the bells and whistles. i have been thinking about lifting it. i put a 2" front only lift on my 2007 that i traded in. i would really like a 3" lift on my new truck. but my question is, do i put a 3" on myself and lose some of my 7 year 70,000 mile warranty on some components. or let the dealer put a 2" on for me for 465$ and keep my full warranty. anybody with a dealer 2" lift please tell me how you like it.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of 2" lift is the dealer putting on? Just a spacer and blocks?

If you are that worried about warranty, I'd see if they could install a quality 3" lift (like OME or Bilstein 5100's) for you, and warranty the work.

They can't void your warranty if you get the lift put on somewhere else. They can only deny a specific warranty claim on a certain part if they can prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
yes its just a spacer and block lift. id hate to spend the money for the bilstein shocks though when my truck came with them stock. shocks are non adjustable. but i only have 1500 miles on them.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
5100's sound like the way to go. thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
i have decided to go with the bilstein 5100 adjustable and do the work myself. seem like everybody on these forums loves them. one last thing, what about the rear? if i set the shock adjustment at 2.5" and don't lift the back, its going to look like i am riding a wheelie. i just hate a nose high truck.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pse1cam View Post
i have decided to go with the bilstein 5100 adjustable and do the work myself. seem like everybody on these forums loves them. one last thing, what about the rear? if i set the shock adjustment at 2.5" and don't lift the back, its going to look like i am riding a wheelie. i just hate a nose high truck.
You'll want a 1.5" add-a-leaf to level out the rear. Or you could add a 2" one if you want some rake.

Toytec makes some nice and inexpensive ones.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pse1cam View Post
Put a 2" Add-A-Leaf in the back.

Also, consider setting the 5100s to 1.75 instead of 2.5.

At 1.75 the ride is better and you can still align your truck perfectly without upper-control-arms.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
pse1cam's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good, thanks all