Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift questions 2nd gen any help would be great!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cameron
c.coulby's Tacoma Gallery
lift questions 2nd gen any help would be great!!

1. I have a 2005 Tacoma Prerunner. I want to lift it a little more but not sure what the best option would be. I have the Bilstein shocks and they are set to 1.75". I want to bring those up to 2.5" and put a 2.5" spacer on top of that. For a total of 5" lift in the front.

2. Now I think i have an aal as far as the back goes, if so what size block will i need to level this out? If i dont have an aal what size block will i need and will i need to install an aal also? Will i have to mess with lengthening shifter, cables, etc??

3. Also after it has the 5" lift what would be the max tire size i could run with out an incredible amount of cutting. (dont really want to cut any but will cut some.)

Sorry for so much info but any suggestions would be great... Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

also is this what i need? the front spacers are 2.5"... but the back will need to be bigger correct?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...n=DAYKT09120BK
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
You cannot stack lifts in the front. If you want to go that high buy spindles for the front. TC's are 3.5" and are 1300 new. Camburg are 4" and about a grand new. Then you use your billies at whatever height you want. For the rear I wouldnt run a block. Get maybe 3" leaf packs or a custom set. If your just driving around town and want to be cheap, go for the blocks I guess. Max tire size is probably going to be a 35".
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
dont stack those kinds of lifts. since your 2wd I recommend either TC or Camburg spindles with the 5100's adjust to .85". that will give you between 4.25" and ~5".
Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
You cannot stack lifts in the front. If you want to go that high buy spindles for the front. TC's are 3.5" and are 1300 new. Camburg are 4" and about a grand new. Then you use your billies at whatever height you want. For the rear I wouldnt run a block. Get maybe 3" leaf packs or a custom set. If your just driving around town and want to be cheap, go for the blocks I guess. Max tire size is probably going to be a 35".
Thanks everyone for the help.

jdkeller: can you give me a link for the spindles so i know exactly what your talking about? Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Thanks so much man think im gonna have to re budget
Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.coulby View Post
Thanks so much man think im gonna have to re budget
Welcome. Do it the right way. You will be much happier later on. Read up on some build threads here. Mine is in my signature. My two choices for you are:

1. Spindles with billies at 0". Rear 3" leaf packs with some rear shock like OME or 5100 or a better name like fox or king if you want to spend the money. If not no biggy. Then 33" tires.

2. Spindles with billies at 1.75". Rear custom leafs. Maybe 4-5" or 3" leafs+custom shackles or 3" leafs + block last resort. Appropriate rear shocks. Then 35" tires.

Products Discussed in this Thread