1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FLtaco, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    FLtaco

FLtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    I'm getting billistein 5100s front and rear and eventually want to get 4" spindles. With 5100s at max will it give me 6.5" total?
    And what else will I need if anything?
    Does anyone have pics of this set up? Any info appreciated.

2. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    FLtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    Also I have 3 inch spacer lift now witch I plan on removing front spacers. Will add a lead that came with that level out with just 5100s

3. Dec 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    no, no, and no :)

4. Dec 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    FLtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Why why and why?

5. Dec 1, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    FLtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Sorry I'm not most auto savvy person. But my Tacoma has been teaching me some over years. Just still confusing on what you can and can't do suspension wise, and other things needed. Pretty much I don't want to spend 2 grand or more on 6 inch left for prerunner. I'd rather spend chuncks over time and get 4 to 6 inches. Sorry for lack of knowledge again.

6. Dec 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    technically, i guess youwould get 6.5" of lift from doing both, however, you should never stack lifts.

with a spindle lift, i dont think you will need any extra suspension parts such as upper control arms, shocks, etc... (someone correct me if i am wrong here. maybe brake lines?). if you go with a kit that cranks down your upper control arms to achieve the lift, then you may need new upper control arms to get a proper alignment.

if you really want 6+ inches of lift, then you should go with a "real" 6" lift kit.

also, because stacking lifts is a no-no, you wont see any pictures of it :)

EDIT:
    dont piece-meal lifts. just get what you want and it all at once. it will save you money in the long run (my opinion anyway).

7. Dec 1, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    FLtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Ty sir

Products Discussed in

To Top