LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Questions?

Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Questions?

I'm getting billistein 5100s front and rear and eventually want to get 4" spindles. With 5100s at max will it give me 6.5" total?
And what else will I need if anything?
Does anyone have pics of this set up? Any info appreciated.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also I have 3 inch spacer lift now witch I plan on removing front spacers. Will add a lead that came with that level out with just 5100s
Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalapos View Post
I'm getting billistein 5100s front and rear and eventually want to get 4" spindles. With 5100s at max will it give me 6.5" total?
And what else will I need if anything?
Does anyone have pics of this set up? Any info appreciated.
no, no, and no
Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #4

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Why why and why?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #5

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
no, no, and no
Sorry I'm not most auto savvy person. But my Tacoma has been teaching me some over years. Just still confusing on what you can and can't do suspension wise, and other things needed. Pretty much I don't want to spend 2 grand or more on 6 inch left for prerunner. I'd rather spend chuncks over time and get 4 to 6 inches. Sorry for lack of knowledge again.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
technically, i guess youwould get 6.5" of lift from doing both, however, you should never stack lifts.

with a spindle lift, i dont think you will need any extra suspension parts such as upper control arms, shocks, etc... (someone correct me if i am wrong here. maybe brake lines?). if you go with a kit that cranks down your upper control arms to achieve the lift, then you may need new upper control arms to get a proper alignment.

if you really want 6+ inches of lift, then you should go with a "real" 6" lift kit.

also, because stacking lifts is a no-no, you wont see any pictures of it

EDIT:
dont piece-meal lifts. just get what you want and it all at once. it will save you money in the long run (my opinion anyway).
Old 12-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #7

FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ty sir