Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just ordered new shocks

Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered new shocks

Ok, so i just ordered a set of Billy 5100's for the front and 5125's for the rear from DSM! Finally im gunna have some nice shocks on my truck.

Next i wanna get some OME 881's.

Right now i got a 2.5inch front spacer and i wanna keep the same height. Will the 881's keep it about the same if the billys are set to 0???
Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

just ordered the ome's from wheeler's, im excited!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how you like those coils, I just put some 5100s on and am considering those coils as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #4

ok, so once i install these ome's and shocks will i need to get the truck alligned? i had it done when i installed the 2.5in spacers, but would is still be necessary? Im setting the 5100's to zero and the ome's claim a 2 inch lift. so going from 2.5 inch lift to a 2 inch require re-allignment?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
yes, always align after any suspension modification. You should let the springs settle a bit before you align though, that way you don't have to do it twice. I put about 100 miles on mine before I had it aligned. In that time they went from 2.5" lift to 2.0" lift. Your gonna love that setup!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #6

oh ok, i didnt know i should wait until they settle. cool, thanks for the tip.

yeah i can't wait to put these on, right now my ride is so harsh. i feel every bump in the road and it just rattles my brain!

next im gunna replace the leafs too with the wheelers alcans. just gotta save up for those now
Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #7

Alright, so my shocks and springs came in. I started with the rear since its the easiest. when i took off the old shocks and compared them to the new ones i noticed the new ones are a couple inches longer. I thought i had ordered the 5125's since those are meant for no rear lift, but that means they should be same length as my stockers, right??

heres a pic
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
Alright, so my shocks and springs came in. I started with the rear since its the easiest. when i took off the old shocks and compared them to the new ones i noticed the new ones are a couple inches longer. I thought i had ordered the 5125's since those are meant for no rear lift, but that means they should be same length as my stockers, right??

heres a pic
No, since the 5125's are meant for lift, they should be longer than stock.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
PM Sent. Those are 5100 rears, meant for use with up to 2" of lift. But we have found them to be a little too long for use on a non-lifted rear, and that's when we tried 5125s on Sonny's truck which worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Marco
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #10

finally installed everything! check it out, we got to use our shops new strutamer spring compressor. worked like a charm

old springs vs new

my truck drives much smoother and handles way better. it sits at about the same height as it did with the spacers.