Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lift kit help!!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
lift kit help!!

i was about to order a daystar spacer kit with a aal in the rear but after reading a forum on spacers i changed my mind.. im having a difficult time on choosing what to get ive been looking at toytec and the bilsteins but need help on what would be the best bang for the buck dont want any higher than 3 inches of lift simply cause no money for ucas right now but please help with your opinions and options any info is helpfull!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
toytec or 5100's and a aal
Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
milam89 has a spectacular aura aboutmilam89 has a spectacular aura about

milam89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
i was about to order a daystar spacer kit with a aal in the rear but after reading a forum on spacers i changed my mind.. im having a difficult time on choosing what to get ive been looking at toytec and the bilsteins but need help on what would be the best bang for the buck dont want any higher than 3 inches of lift simply cause no money for ucas right now but please help with your opinions and options any info is helpfull!!
if you want 3 of lift and want to save some money i go with a spacer , imo i dont think theres anything wrong with a 3in spacer i had one one my truck before i completely redid the front susp, and it drove and felt just fine, for the bilsteins there awsome (i have them), but if you want around 3, you wont achieve that with the bilsteins even if you have the bilsteins at the highest notch it onlly puts you at 2.5in of lift and your gonna have one stiff front end, feeling every bump on the road.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what exactly do you have your tacoma front and back milam89? ireally like the ways yours look
i want the toytec ultamite lift but as of now its the bilsteins all the way around and later on add the bigger coils in front and for the rear i was just going to get aal i
Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #5

was worried about the big spacer on mine since its a 98 and the coils and shocks are not as new as your tacoma's
Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #6

so the bilsteins at 2.5 is pretty bumpy like comfortable?and is it something you can deal with?sorry
Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
pojo82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
pojo82's Tacoma Gallery
I put the Bilstien 5100s on set to 2.5 in the front and a AAL in the rear. i didnt notice much of a rougher ride but ive also had full size Dodges before this. the girlfriend said that she noticed it a big differrence but i figure its a truck its not a cadilac

after lift and tires

before
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #8

yea thats what i was thinkin its a truck not a lac do they make the truck perform any better on and off road ? love the camper!im lookin for one right now also but im going to buy it after lift and redo my interior to black
Old 12-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
dont get spacers i had them and after like 8 monthes i had to get a new lift
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
milam89 has a spectacular aura aboutmilam89 has a spectacular aura about

milam89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what exactly do you have your tacoma front and back milam89? ireally like the ways yours look
i want the toytec ultamite lift but as of now its the bilsteins all the way around and later on add the bigger coils in front and for the rear i was just going to get aal i
i have about 7in. of lift in the front and a 1 1/2 block with a aal in the back. in the front its bilsteins 5100 set at the lowest setting with a 3in spacer, i also have the camburg 4in lift spindles, along with the total chaos uca's, i really shouldnt have the spacer on with the camburg spindles but money is a bit tight right now so thats why i am using them instead of the ome lift springs, but imo theres nothing wrong with a 3inspacer by itself
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #11

i knew that had to be higher than thre inches but i think it looks amzing like that i hate the way frop brakets loook just to get a six inch lift
i wanna get ucas and lcas eventually also but i need to start off with something first toget it going then build my way up there
Old 12-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
pojo82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
pojo82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea thats what i was thinkin its a truck not a lac do they make the truck perform any better on and off road ? love the camper!im lookin for one right now also but im going to buy it after lift and redo my interior to black
unfortunatley i didnt get off road at all with it stock and not much after the lift. the first step was to get the lift so i could fit the 285s. even after the body trimming there is still a small rub with a hard left turn up an incline, but its just a quick bump when i first hit it.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the spacers if your low on funds. I went with spacers and its fine. No problems. But i used slightly extended struts made for the 2.5 daystar spacer.