Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

helper springs

Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
helper springs

i have been looking at something to help my back end when it is loaded. i got the tsb leafs and it helps but she still sags a little and tends to bottom out.

i have looked at Timbrens, but those seem better for someone who does a lot of off raoding. i do not

air bags are nice because they are adjustable. i could fill them with more air when i off road, carry a load or head onto the beach with a bed full of beer and shit

how about good old fashioned helper springs? i probably only need 500lb helpers. do you need to have a loaded bed for them o work or will it affect the factory ride making it too stiff for everyday driving? i guess for $50 or so i could put them on when i need them. which is only 3-4 times a year http://cdn-prod.suspensionconnection...er_springs.jpg
Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
check autozone or something They usually have some thing cheap for like 20 bucks that will work just fine.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
do they give a harsh ride when its not loaded ? i want it to stay like it is now but be able to load a few hundred lbs back there without bottoming out
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
an AAL would do you good, but with that comes a lifted ass end
Old 12-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like they'd be putting stress on your leafs where they're not intended to take it. I wouldn't off road with something like that and I'm not sure what it would do for the longevity of the leaf pack. Timbrens are for load assistance, they're a taller bump stop that helps support the load once you start to compress them. They are not for off-road purposes only. They're supposed to be set up so the top of the timbren is 1" below the frame when unloaded. When you start to load the truck down, the timbrens act as a helper and prevent the back end from sagging. Aig bags are a nice option but will not allow the rear end to articulate, you run the risk of tearing one of the bags if you do serious off roading. Plus they're on there 100% of the time but you only pump them up when you need them. Otherwise you'll be close to a factory ride.