1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

helper springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by pudge151, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dec 3, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i have been looking at something to help my back end when it is loaded. i got the tsb leafs and it helps but she still sags a little and tends to bottom out.

i have looked at Timbrens, but those seem better for someone who does a lot of off raoding. i do not

air bags are nice because they are adjustable. i could fill them with more air when i off road, carry a load or head onto the beach with a bed full of beer and shit

how about good old fashioned helper springs? i probably only need 500lb helpers. do you need to have a loaded bed for them o work or will it affect the factory ride making it too stiff for everyday driving? i guess for $50 or so i could put them on when i need them. which is only 3-4 times a year http://cdn-prod.suspensionconnection.com/images/items/ez550_helper_springs.jpg

2. Dec 3, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    check autozone or something They usually have some thing cheap for like 20 bucks that will work just fine.

3. Dec 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    do they give a harsh ride when its not loaded ? i want it to stay like it is now but be able to load a few hundred lbs back there without bottoming out

4. Dec 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    an AAL would do you good, but with that comes a lifted ass end

5. Dec 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Those look like they'd be putting stress on your leafs where they're not intended to take it. I wouldn't off road with something like that and I'm not sure what it would do for the longevity of the leaf pack. Timbrens are for load assistance, they're a taller bump stop that helps support the load once you start to compress them. They are not for off-road purposes only. They're supposed to be set up so the top of the timbren is 1" below the frame when unloaded. When you start to load the truck down, the timbrens act as a helper and prevent the back end from sagging. Aig bags are a nice option but will not allow the rear end to articulate, you run the risk of tearing one of the bags if you do serious off roading. Plus they're on there 100% of the time but you only pump them up when you need them. Otherwise you'll be close to a factory ride.

Products Discussed in

To Top