Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best option for me?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Best option for me?

I know I posted this in another thread regarding my leaf springs but I would like a few more opinions on what to get. I have searched through countless threads and checked out a bunch of types of lifts and I think I have it down to two.

I am looking for something similar to what I would have if I had a TSB with an AAL and 5100's all the way around. From what I understand, that mod would be roughly a 2 or 2.5'' lift. This is what I am looking for. The only problem is my leaf springs are sagging and an AAL would not be the best option so I need to replace the leaf packs. The OME leaf packs say its a 3'' lift and I have read that the 5100's arent a good shock for this spring but some people have done it. Basically, I am confused and looking for some help!

These are the options I am looking at. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

OME leaf springs
Bilstein shocks all the way around
OME 885 springs

OR

Wheelers Alcan springs 2" and the 5100's all the way around with stock coils. (Or should I go with the OME springs for this?? I have heard 5100's are a waste with these springss because they have to be set at 0.)

Which one of these would be the closest to the setup with having a stock truck with TSB and AAL in the rear with the 5100's.

Thank you in advance for the suggestions and sorry if these are stupid and boring questions!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 12-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Really?? No one on here will answer this for me??
Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, my NON TSB springs are frowning and want to level everything out...Bump for more info....