1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

will switching brands eliminate vibration

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Iluvtacos, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    Iluvtacos

Iluvtacos [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport 4x4
    6" procomp lift, grillecraft grille, painted vent shades, 33" procomp extreme AT tires, Moto Metal wheels, Fabtech side steps, Shocker classic train horn, about ten more things which I can't remember
    :confused:I have that pesky vibration since I put a 3" pro comp spacer lift w/ AAL on. What if I throw out this lift all together and try... say...the 3" toytec ultimate lift, will I still have that 'f---in' vibration? Or is this a problem I will have no matter what lift I use? What if I went to a 6"?

By the way I removed the front drive shaft today and no change in the vibration. Its gotta be the front diff or cv's. Truck is an 07 with just around 38k miles. I can't believe these would be shot already. Warrenty has passed also

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I would bet its your drive line. Try some 3* shims in the rear, then go from there.
    Most vibes after lifting come from the drive shaft/carrier bearing. So I would try the shims first before tossing the lift...

3. Dec 5, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Changing lifts won't change the vibration. The vibration is most likely coming from the rear driveshaft.

As Evertaco23 has already said, put some axle shims in and that should help.

4. Dec 5, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It might work....It might not to swap the lift components....but starting with the shims is a good place. You can try a diff drop too. Those are cheaper than buying a while new lift...(60 bucks or so compared to a 700ish)

5. Dec 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    What they all said. Try shims first. No matter what lift you run up front your going to change the angle of the drive shaft which is probably whats causing your vibrations. Thats assuming that you feel the vibrations in the seat. If you feel the vibrations in the steering wheel, you need to get your alignment checked out.

Products Discussed in

To Top