Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

will switching brands eliminate vibration

Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Iluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rich
Iluvtacos's Tacoma Gallery
Question will switching brands eliminate vibration

I have that pesky vibration since I put a 3" pro comp spacer lift w/ AAL on. What if I throw out this lift all together and try... say...the 3" toytec ultimate lift, will I still have that 'f---in' vibration? Or is this a problem I will have no matter what lift I use? What if I went to a 6"?

By the way I removed the front drive shaft today and no change in the vibration. Its gotta be the front diff or cv's. Truck is an 07 with just around 38k miles. I can't believe these would be shot already. Warrenty has passed also
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would bet its your drive line. Try some 3* shims in the rear, then go from there.
Most vibes after lifting come from the drive shaft/carrier bearing. So I would try the shims first before tossing the lift...
Old 12-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
What they all said. Try shims first. No matter what lift you run up front your going to change the angle of the drive shaft which is probably whats causing your vibrations. Thats assuming that you feel the vibrations in the seat. If you feel the vibrations in the steering wheel, you need to get your alignment checked out.