Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

All I Want for Christmas is to Level My...

Old 12-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
2000fun is on a distinguished road

Name: Danny
2000fun's Tacoma Gallery
All I Want for Christmas is to Level My...

Hey all!

Newbie here and I am NOT mechanically gifted/inclined/talented

Searched a lot of the threads and discovered a lot of options to the point of just flat out being confused.

Here is what I am looking for:

I have a 2000 Prerunner, 6 cyl., TRD. And all I want to do before Christmas is do whatever it takes to get it level.

It has 105,000 miles so I am willing to make some wholesale changes if it is time to change out some of the suspension.

So, what would you recommend for getting the truck level with the least amount of investment?

Thanks for all your help...look forward to your suggestions!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend Bilstein 5100 series shocks. The spring perch on them is adjustable so you can set them to different heights depending on how much rake you have now. The higher the setting, the more preload on the spring, and the more lift.

They are under $200 from downsouthmotorsports.com
Old 12-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I would recommend Bilstein 5100 series shocks. The spring perch on them is adjustable so you can set them to different heights depending on how much rake you have now. The higher the setting, the more preload on the spring, and the more lift.

They are under $200 from downsouthmotorsports.com
x2
Old 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
x3 on the Bilsteins...and if you want to go all out add the Wheeler's/Alcan 5 leaf replacement packs for the rear and OME 881 coils for the front- nice and level and about 2" higher