Notices

why would you remove your sway bar

Old 12-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
stephejm is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: justin
stephejm's Tacoma Gallery
why would you remove your sway bar

yeh im some what new to some of this stuff. so i was wondering why would someone remove their sway bar? would that not put a lot of stress on your suspension?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
We wouldn't want to stress something responsible for keeping your whole truck off the ground would we?!

Swaybar just decreases body roll (decreases chance of rollover), but it also limits suspension travel on these trucks. Most of us that wheel pull 'em for the extra droop.

Suspension may have to work a wee bit harder, but I doubt it'd be enough to make a difference.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
STREET ON

OFF ROAD OFF

That is the krux of the biscuit.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
It allows things to bend back and forth as in articulation which is a good thing off road, it is one of the many things that are lacking in todays off the showroom floor vehicles.
The only reason we have sway bars now is people drive far beyond their ability and then when they crash they call a lawyer to blame others
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
stephejm is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: justin
stephejm's Tacoma Gallery
thank you for everyone that replied, its appreciated. now i do have to say jdkeller, i wouldnt have started a thread about this if i had found my answers else where. i appreciate the advice though.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean google. I mean on this site. There are lots of threads with a ton of info to read up on.

I have mine of. At first, driving on the road it seems sketchy. But it's just because your not used to the body roll. I like it because the ride on road and off is more comfortable. More articulation.