Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME light lift 2 inch my christmas present from the wife...

Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
OME light lift 2 inch my christmas present from the wife...

ok so today i did some calling around and i think i settled on an old man emu lift. i was going for the icon set up but 4,000 dollars is rough so is 2,000 grand. not to mention i like the reputation that ome has built for itself over the years. after talking to a rep at arb this morn i decided to go with the ome light lift kit its a 2inch lift and won't screw anything up meaning all the factory settings and adjustments should remain. its important to me as this is m daily driver to maintain the factory or even a softer ride and still be able to mount a front arb bumper and rear bumper with a tire swing in the future and have the weight be accounted for in the suspension. i also don't want anything finicky or tricky to maintain lol. i want to set it and forget it. let me know what you think. the lift i'm thinking of running is the OMETACO5LK lol i think its gonna run me around 900 to 1,000 dollars for the kit and then installation costs which is another question what would be a decent price for the installation job on this type of lift? thanks in advance guys for any info you can offer up.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

885 coils and the leaf pack if i choose the guy told me i could get the add aleaf later if i wanted to increase the load capacity of the beda little. i told him i wanted something flexy enough to keep my tires on the ground but soft over the bumps lol! i want a 4x4 cadilac that has ground clearance enough to clear most trails but not high enough to screw up my driveline configuration.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
885 coils and the leaf pack if i choose the guy told me i could get the add aleaf later if i wanted to increase the load capacity of the beda little. i told him i wanted something flexy enough to keep my tires on the ground but soft over the bumps lol! i want a 4x4 cadilac that has ground clearance enough to clear most trails but not high enough to screw up my driveline configuration.
Your rear will ride stiffer than stock , especially when unloaded , with the Dakars .
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME shocks 885 front springs and a 1 1/2" AAL.
I have added a Relentless Fab front bumper and some bed weight along with a All Pro rear bumper and some heavy skids so I will be going to 886 springs soon.

Otherwise I say it is a great pick for a simple and very efective lift.
Pick up a 1 1/2" AAL or 2" if you want more and you will be happy.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I have the OME shocks 885 front springs and a 1 1/2" AAL.
I have added a Relentless Fab front bumper and some bed weight along with a All Pro rear bumper and some heavy skids so I will be going to 886 springs soon.

Otherwise I say it is a great pick for a simple and very efective lift.
Pick up a 1 1/2" AAL or 2" if you want more and you will be happy.
what model tacoma do you have? v6 or 4cyl reg cab or double cab etc. my truck is a regular cab and i only plan on doing bumpers front and rear with a tire swing in the rear but the bumpers are going to be arb and i know that they are pretty heavy something like 200 pounds for the front and who knows about the backits still in development. i told the guy at arb what my plans where and this is what he recomended for me idk. he told me it would handle considerably better than stock trim and it would be easy over the bumps more so than the factory setup. but now hearing that the dakar springs will make the ride even more stiff legged i'm confused what to do...
Old 12-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #8

this is the first truck i have ever lifted and i want to use something quality but that won't kill the check book. i want to go up about 2 inches and not change the geometry of the drive line ie. cv angles and drive shaft angles. that brings along its own set of problems. i have 1,000 dollars to spend on the lift itself i want something that will only lift it a little but have decent articulation and soften the ride a little. the d- bag at the dealership installed e load duratracs on my truck and it feels like they are made of granite lol.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked out this thread , Steve has a reg cab , and installed the full OME kit .

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ines-pics.html