Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 setting vibrations

View Poll Results: What settings do your vibes occur at?
I don't have vibes with 5100's 4 50.00%
5100's at .85, stock rear, no TSB 0 0%
5100's at 1.75 no TSB, TSB rear, 1.5 AAL 2 25.00%
5100's at 2.5 no TSB, TSB, 2.0 AAL 1 12.50%
Other (please explain) 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
5100 setting vibrations

Alright guys, I've searched, I've looked over the 5100 threads and I have read about them and actually ordered front and rear 5100's for the truck....but here's the thing, I wanna know at what level your vibrations start and if you have them.

Like I said I searched and I found lots of good info but a lot of the threads were just about a certain level, this thread includes all levels with most rear options. I wanna know what I can/should do with the 5100's on my baby that has 73k miles on it and has been stock the whole time without messing up or getting vibes from the front diff.

...if I'm gonna get vibes at any level on the shocks, there might be a set of 5100's for sale here real quick cuz I don't have 2 grand for a front diff and she's no longer under warranty.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Bump
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100's in the front set at 1.75 and a 2inch AAL in the rear. I gets vibs from about 30-45mph. I didn't put them on my truck until about 65k.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #4

Law Enforcement:
I know a lot more then 4 of you have vibes! lol come on guys put up your votes!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #5

Law Enforcement:
Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 TSB, no vibes at all, 20k miles. Shocks on since 1k miles. I put the shocks on a Sunday night had the tsb done on a monday so toyota aligned it for me and it rode perfect.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 no rear tsb, i only have a pulsing vib when the truck is cold (it's 14deg here right now) once it warms up the vibes go away

i stopped worrying about it