Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" coils.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
6" coils.

Ok heres the deal, i would like a coil that will work with my my db lift that will give me about 8" of travel. Can i just buy a king coilover and springs and just bolt it in as long as the extended and compressed lengths are correct?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Just went out and did some measuring, and it looks lie i would need a 12" travel coil. That would give me 19.5" compressed and 31.5" extended and the truck would sit level in between there. That will also allow for it to be very adjustable.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
thenomad will become famous soon enoughthenomad will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Way
thenomad's Tacoma Gallery
Not to highjack but if I bought the fabtech 6 lift, do you know which coilovers you could use? I would want a better option than the dirt logics..
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #4

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Icon makes one.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...252dover-Shock
Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #5

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
skyedtacoma808 is on a distinguished road
skyedtacoma808's Tacoma Gallery
Would those icon coils fit with a 6" trailmaster kit also? Or only with procomp
Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #7

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see why not.