Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What all do I need?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
What all do I need?

I'm getting 5100s all around for Christmas And setting front to max. I have a 3 inch spacer suspension lift. Will the add a leaf that came with the previous lift level it or no? If not will I be nose high or rear high? And do I need anything else for this I'm doing work myself
Old 12-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalapos View Post
I'm getting 5100s all around for Christmas And setting front to max. I have a 3 inch spacer suspension lift. Will the add a leaf that came with the previous lift level it or no? If not will I be nose high or rear high? And do I need anything else for this I'm doing work myself
You will have to ditch the 3" spacer to run the 5100's at anything but 0.

I recommend setting the 5100's at 2.5", and pair that with a 1.5" add-a-leaf to level.

You will need a spring compressor to do the work yourself, and air tools make the job much easier.

You can either rent a spring compressor from your local auto parts store, or bring the whole shock assemblies by your local shop and have them disassemble and reassemble them.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
What size is your AAL you have in the rear right now? 1.5"-2"? If your are level right now and set the 5100's at 2.5"s of lift, you rear might be a tad higher since you have a 3" spacer lift right now and will be dropping the front by 1/2 and inch.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #4
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure what add a leaf is kit before never told me. It sits pretty level so I assume I'll have some rake then. What should I do to level out front more than.
Thanks for info gentlemen