Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

More lift

Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
More lift

Already have the 5100's in at 1.75 with rear TSB. Obviously I want more, so what do i need? Going with Eibach springs, top plate spacer on the drivers side. 1.5 AAL in rear. (Axle shims if needed, diff drop if needed, carriage bearing drop kit if needed.) And rear Bilstein 5100's. Shouldn't need anything else correct. As of now shouldn't need new UCA I don't think. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I think that a CB drop would be a good idea...I added one to mine and it worked great. My drive line is now totally straight. Other then that you should be good. You will probably end up with a lift exactly like mine...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have the diff drop installed, or shims? Any alignment issues, or vibes? Thanks for your time
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No diff drop, and none of my fins touch on the front drivetrain. I also don't have UCA's as they weren't needed...if I was any higher they would be though. I had to have a couple alignments to finally get someone who knew what they are doing, and it is great. My caster is not as high as the "prefered" one always listed here, but it feels good to me. I have 1.9/ 2.08 caster, 0.5 camber, and 0.02/ 0.03 toe. I was getting a very mild vibe at 40 mph as well as the take off shimmy that the truck has stock, so I tried the OME CB drop kit, and it got rid of the take off shimmy, and 99% of the vibe at 40...so good enough for me. Every truck is different, so what worked for me, might be different for you. Best thing is to put the stuff on, and see how it goes from there.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Already have the 5100's in at 1.75 with rear TSB. Obviously I want more, so what do i need? Going with Eibach springs, top plate spacer on the drivers side. 1.5 AAL in rear. (Axle shims if needed, diff drop if needed, carriage bearing drop kit if needed.) And rear Bilstein 5100's. Shouldn't need anything else correct. As of now shouldn't need new UCA I don't think. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You are going to have to drop the billy's back to 0.85 with the Eibach springs.

If you don't want to spend the cash on new springs you could just set the billy's to 2.5.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
No i have heard of to many issues with setting the bilstein's at 2.5
Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No i have heard of to many issues with setting the bilstein's at 2.5
What issues in particular? Setting the billy's at 0.85 with the Eibachs (1.6") will give you ~2.5" as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment. c.v. angles. I read a lot on here.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alignment. c.v. angles. I read a lot on here.
Alignment and CV angles depend on the amount of lift, not how you are achieving it. You'll see all the same issues with the eibachs + billy's at 0.85.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #10

I think that the only diff between the two would be that I've heard the 5100's at 2.5 are rougher...same lift amount though, and CV's etc will all be the same. I just went with the eibach because I wanted it a bit smoother, and I was looking for 2-2.5" max lift. I think as long as you can find a shop that knows how to do alignments correctly (not just to "spec") then you should be alright, other then maybe having to hunt down some vibe gremlins, which isn't that hard...CB drop, shims.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I think that the only diff between the two would be that I've heard the 5100's at 2.5 are rougher...same lift amount though, and CV's etc will all be the same. I just went with the eibach because I wanted it a bit smoother, and I was looking for 2-2.5" max lift. I think as long as you can find a shop that knows how to do alignments correctly (not just to "spec") then you should be alright, other then maybe having to hunt down some vibe gremlins, which isn't that hard...CB drop, shims.
Agree completely. The only difference would be a small improvement in ride quality.

OP: I'm sure you have read that some people need to get UCA's with billy's at 2.5 to get their alignment right, and some don't. Eibachs will make no difference there.