Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear suspension questions???

Old 12-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
rear suspension questions???

i have 06 4X4 long bed and looking to do a 2-3" lift . I'm almost convinced on 5100's up front and rear , the question is use a add a leaf or new ome leaf pack. I haven't had the tsb done yet (they will probably me any way). Does anyone have these ome leafs installed that can give me there opinion?? Or toytec add a leaf. I know the add a leaf is way cheaper but i'm not much of a fan of the weak ass leaf springs from toyota.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You're out of warrantee, so ditch the TSB idea since you'll end up paying for them.

If funds are not an issue - then I'd definately go with a new leaf pak. AAL's are OK....just not nearly as good as an entirely new leaf pak.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I too was out of warranty for the leaf TSB when I got mine. I just did the Toytec 1.5 AAL out back with 5100s all around and front set on 2.5. I did get LR UCAs to get caster back on alignment but other than that it has been great. Truck sits level and has no vibes or any other badness going on. I did also use the Toytec front 1/4 " leveling spacer on the drvr side to eliminate the taco lean up front. It does fit with the stock strut studs and levels the front out from side to side. Had alsmost 1/2" difference before using that. Have hauled 1500 lbs a coupla times without even touching the bump stops and have lost no height on the AALs back there.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't want to spend a ton of cash to get the lift ,but i don't want junk either . I don't do much off road stuff but would like to be able to whenever i want. I don't want to lift it so much that I will have to replace my uca's or cv's or install shims . I want to get some billies and set them @ 1.85 or 2.25" with a 2" add a leaf or leaf pack in the rear . I occasionally carry heavy loads like mulch , and may tow a boat a few times a year.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirst06taco View Post
I really don't want to spend a ton of cash to get the lift ,but i don't want junk either . I don't do much off road stuff but would like to be able to whenever i want. I don't want to lift it so much that I will have to replace my uca's or cv's or install shims . I want to get some billies and set them @ 1.85 or 2.25" with a 2" add a leaf or leaf pack in the rear . I occasionally carry heavy loads like mulch , and may tow a boat a few times a year.
I would recommend a new leaf pack to you.