1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear suspension questions???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by myfirst06taco, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    myfirst06taco

myfirst06taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Clarke county ,VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4
    5100's eibach coils , Allpro leaf pack , roll up tonneau cover with led bed lights, hids, homertaco grill
    i have 06 4X4 long bed and looking to do a 2-3" lift . I'm almost convinced on 5100's up front and rear , the question is use a add a leaf or new ome leaf pack. I haven't had the tsb done yet (they will probably me any way). Does anyone have these ome leafs installed that can give me there opinion?? Or toytec add a leaf. I know the add a leaf is way cheaper but i'm not much of a fan of the weak ass leaf springs from toyota.

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You're out of warrantee, so ditch the TSB idea since you'll end up paying for them.

If funds are not an issue - then I'd definately go with a new leaf pak. AAL's are OK....just not nearly as good as an entirely new leaf pak.

3. Dec 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I too was out of warranty for the leaf TSB when I got mine. I just did the Toytec 1.5 AAL out back with 5100s all around and front set on 2.5. I did get LR UCAs to get caster back on alignment but other than that it has been great. Truck sits level and has no vibes or any other badness going on. I did also use the Toytec front 1/4 " leveling spacer on the drvr side to eliminate the taco lean up front. It does fit with the stock strut studs and levels the front out from side to side. Had alsmost 1/2" difference before using that. Have hauled 1500 lbs a coupla times without even touching the bump stops and have lost no height on the AALs back there.

4. Dec 9, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    myfirst06taco

myfirst06taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Clarke county ,VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4
    5100's eibach coils , Allpro leaf pack , roll up tonneau cover with led bed lights, hids, homertaco grill
    I really don't want to spend a ton of cash to get the lift ,but i don't want junk either . I don't do much off road stuff but would like to be able to whenever i want. I don't want to lift it so much that I will have to replace my uca's or cv's or install shims . I want to get some billies and set them @ 1.85 or 2.25" with a 2" add a leaf or leaf pack in the rear . I occasionally carry heavy loads like mulch , and may tow a boat a few times a year.

5. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    I would recommend a new leaf pack to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top