Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help from Procomp stage 2 owners

Old 12-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
07tacoswb's Tacoma Gallery
Need help from Procomp stage 2 owners

Ok here's the issue and I want to know if this is normal for the stage 2 coilovers. I have had my lift for a few months now and the other day I started noticing that while driving down rougher roads it felt like the suspension in the front was bottoming out. Mostly when turning onto an uneven surface. So I decided to check the down travel of the coilovers. As it sits now when measuring from center of cv shaft to bottom of the fender it's at 27 1/2". So I put a jack underneath it and raised the drivers side until the tire was off the ground and measured again it was at 28 3/4". So that tells me unless I'm missing something that I only have 1 1/4" down travel which seems odd to me. I haven't adjusted the coilovers since receiving them so they are still set at the factory height. The bumpstops are about 2 1/2" to 3" from touching as it sits right now so I don't know how much I could lower the coilovers if needed and still have up travel with out contact of the bumpstops for daily driving. I was hoping that some of you guys would have some measurements to compare this too. Any info will be great.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Try posting your quote here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html

Truck looks nice BTW.

Edit: two dudes in there now i'm sure can help.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoswb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Try posting your quote here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html

Truck looks nice BTW.

Edit: two dudes in there now i'm sure can help.
Thanks man. I just posted a link to see if I can get anymore responses.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #5

Well no responses in quite a while. Maybe some fabtech owners can chime in since some of you guys have their coilovers also. Any info welcomed.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have factory UCA's(Upper Control Arm's)... I'm not sure if that is the case or not but i do know that most people that do major offroading generally replace their UCA's for better travel.. So i'm assuming your UCA's are hitting your shock and that is what is causeing the bottoming out sound.. But thats my $.02... I honestly haven't gotten to the coil overs yet to experiance this first hand so anyone with true experiance please over write me... This is just a thought!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Do you have factory UCA's(Upper Control Arm's)... I'm not sure if that is the case or not but i do know that most people that do major offroading generally replace their UCA's for better travel.. So i'm assuming your UCA's are hitting your shock and that is what is causeing the bottoming out sound.. But thats my $.02... I honestly haven't gotten to the coil overs yet to experiance this first hand so anyone with true experiance please over write me... This is just a thought!
Well I do have stock UCA's for now. I have a set of the LR UCA's ready to go on I'm just waiting for my new spring packs from Alcan before I install them so I can get my alignment done again. But as far as the stock UCA hitting the coilover it's not. But the stock UCA is at a pretty steep angle so maybe what's happening is that the UCA is binding up and not letting the suspension droop anymore. I've had the LR's for a few months now just waiting to find time to install them. Thanks for the advise.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 AM   #8
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
idk....don't think it's ur uca's.....should get more that 1" down travel tho
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
idk....don't think it's ur uca's.....should get more that 1" down travel tho
I sent an e-mail to the Procomp techs last night to see if they could give me some spec info on the coilovers and the lift kit in general. I should have more than 1" for sure. I guess that anyone with a 6" lift could tell me what their measurement is from axle center to bottom of the fender. I'm wondering if my coilovers were set to high from the factory. Maybe I need to back off of them a little. I just installed them and went with it. The truck was pretty much level and that was what I was looking for.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #10
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
you could also try a pm to someone in that other thread.... wish I could help....only one here and don't know...lol
Old 12-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #11
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
With my fabtech, i have about 4" of down travel, and about 1.5" up travel. These coils suck. haha. i am going to be putting a set of 12" travel kings in mine.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
take your sway bar off...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
take your sway bar off...
How will that effect everyday driving?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
A little but hardly any... If anything it kind of helps! Been driving mine for over a year with out it and its my everyday driver.. of course you can't hang the corner like you used to but not much different..