1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 tacoma Alignment issues

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacomaDJ, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Dec 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    tacomaDJ

tacomaDJ [OP] Member

Member:
    I am new to the forum but figured I would give it a shot and see if you guys had some suggestions as to what could be wrong.

I have a 2006 tacoma with a 6" Fabtech lift w/ 2.5 dirt logic coilovers in the front. The tires I have are 275/70 r18 Toyo MT's I have taken it to a few alignment shops and they havent been able to align it. They say my cambers are off and that the adjustment bolts on the LCA's are maxed out.

I have severe tire wear on the inside edge of the front tires. I hate to put a new set of these tires on till I get the alignment problem figured out.

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    new upper control arms?

3. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    LR UCAs would allow for gobs of camber adjustment on top of the oem on the LCAs. They also will give you lots of caster adjustment settings to get that right again. Toe is done with tie rod ends so that should be good. The Light Racing UCAs were 445.00 shipped and completely solved my alignment issues, which were caster related since I only went 2.5 with 5100s. Very beefy nice pieces and come with heavy duty upper ball joints. They are not uniball like on other UCAs but they are beefier than any oem and their ball joint fits the UCA a certain way to do the caster adjustments. Here's a pic of them...........

[​IMG]

4. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    tacomaDJ

tacomaDJ [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the info, I was hoping I didnt have to dip that deep into the wallet to fix the problem but from what I have been reading, looks like I might have to.

5. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    tacomaDJ

tacomaDJ [OP] Member

Member:
    I do a lot of mountain driving in rocks and ruts. Which UCA's would be a better bet to get?

6. Dec 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    Camburg also makes a replacement ball joint UCA. Helps return alignment to spec over stock when lifted

7. Dec 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    Check out Fat Bobs garage...they have great prices on the LR units, but you will have to phone to get it as they are not allowed to advertise it.

8. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    tacomaDJ

tacomaDJ [OP] Member

Member:
    So I took my truck for an alignment at the local desert rat. I am going to need UCA's. He said my camber is -1.0* on the right and -.5* on the left. will the light racing UCA's correct this? Are the light racing UCA's built well to handle deep snow, rut, and rock driving?

Products Discussed in

To Top