Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Help: OME Vs Bilstein

Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
biscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
biscuits87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to biscuits87
Lift Help: OME Vs Bilstein

Ok, So I have done quite a bit of searching and I may have missed something but, is there any real difference between the OME suspension lift from Toytec and the Bilstein 5100 from Toytec?

I want to add about 2.5 inchs to my 2010 AC TRD OR, and am hoping one of you will be able to give some advice or be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you all offer.

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Looking at the same. Seems that everyone loves icon. But if you cant afford that the next best seems to be Toytec. From what I gather OME is great value for money but the toytec one seems to give the least issues long term. Some guys swear by OME and some by Toytec. From what I have read there are just a few more that are issue free with toytec. But its a big 700 compared to 1200 + from what I hear you really should go for the UCA addition . Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing the same with Billy 5100s, Eibach Coils, and an AAL (if the TSB doesn't lift it enough in the rear tomorrow). From what I understand the 5100s at .85 and the Eibach coils give about 2.5 and then an AAL for either 1.5" or 2" for the rear. I found that by getting the 5100s from DSM saves a lot of money. Get the 5100s from them for $283 shipped and the other stuff (Coils, AAL, Diff drop if your 4WD, and a 1/4 in top spacer for the lean) for around $350 shipped from Toytec and it comes out a lot cheaper. UCAs are supposed to only be needed for 3 or more inches of lift but aren't bad to have.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100's from DSM, and the eibachs/ AAL, etc... from Toytec. Great way to get 2.5" of lift. If I was any higher I would have needed the UCA's though, and and some may have to, just depends on the truck as they seem to all be different. My buddy has the OME, and got 2.7" of lift, and he got his alignment almost perfect with room to spare...mine just barely eeked out 1.9/ 2.08 caster, while his is higher.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
OME 3 inch on stock UCAs, alignment is fine here with Toytec 1.5 TSB ALL

For the win!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec coilovers are adjustable on the truck, built on bilstein 5100 shocks.

OME has their own non-adjustable shocks, designed and built for extended trips on rough roads while heavily laden.

So, durability and fade resistance: OME Fine Tuning of ride height: Toytec.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
biscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud ofbiscuits87 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
biscuits87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to biscuits87
I have seen a lot of people do lifts half cocked and destroy there suspension and have to replace everything within a short window, I do not want to do this so I want to do it right. So thanks to all of you that responded and to all of TW for helping me out. This gives me something to think about. But is still just a dream without money, heres hoping for a good tax return.

Either way, I think I may go with the Bilstein 5100 with the Toytec AAL and some kind of UCA.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on how it ends up, you may not need the UCA's, but it is good to factor it in just in case. Depends on how much you want to spend as well, but myself and other are very happy with our 5100's.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Depending on how it ends up, you may not need the UCA's, but it is good to factor it in just in case. Depends on how much you want to spend as well, but myself and other are very happy with our 5100's.
X2. Love my 5100s! Better ride than stock!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
If you're gonna do any hard wheeling, I would go bilstein (if you cant afford higher quality coil overs). I've seen quite a few busted OME shocks on the site..Saw one snap first hand too.