LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is this a spacer lift?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Artillery! Boom
Name: Friends call me Ginger
FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a spacer lift?

Just purchased this Taco with the lift already on it. Just want to verify that this is a spacer lift on the front? I need to install new shocks on the front end and was curious if I have to go back with the TRD bilsteins that are on it now or can I purchase shocks that are meant for a truck with about 2.5 inches of lift? It currently has 285's on an 8 inch wheel so I assume that the lift is about 2.5 inches from what I've read. Thanks ahead of time for any advice. Oh, and I know everyone is going to tell me to buy a suspension lift but that's not in the budget right now. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
yes its a spacer
Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, so can I just purchase shocks meant for a 2.5 inch lift?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
My suggestion would be to lose the spacers and get some coil-overs. If money is an issue...then save up.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats either a Day star, or Procomp spacer lift.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You would put regular length shocks on that spacer lift. If you're buying shocks anyway, spend a little extra for $200 5100's and lose the spacer lift. The 5100's can be adjusted to 2.5" of lift and your ride will be way better
Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You actually have 2 spacers in there. One coil spacer and one top-plate spacer.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #9

FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You actually have 2 spacers in there. One coil spacer and one top-plate spacer.
I wondered about that, thanks for the info!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
You would put regular length shocks on that spacer lift. If you're buying shocks anyway, spend a little extra for $200 5100's and lose the spacer lift. The 5100's can be adjusted to 2.5" of lift and your ride will be way better
May be a stupid question but, if you put the 5100's on will you gain the lift without changing the stock coil-overs? The shocks alone create the lift?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
The 5100's are a unique shock that is height adjustable. Most shocks are not
ya the guy that owns the muffler suspension shop had no idea what i was talking about when i asked about the 5100 being adjustable.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #14
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
if it looks like a spacer.......then well....its a spacer, get rid of it. get coilovers or 5100's at least
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #15
just grabbin gears
scrappletaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 779th Med Group
Name: Josh
scrappletaco's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have a pic and price for them I just bought a 2011 reg cab 4x4 and would like a little lift. I put the ready lift on my old 09 5 lug and it sucked ass lol
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappletaco View Post
does anyone have a pic and price for them I just bought a 2011 reg cab 4x4 and would like a little lift. I put the ready lift on my old 09 5 lug and it sucked ass lol
"Them" being the bilstein 5100's?

Check out DownSouthMotorsports.com
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
just grabbin gears
scrappletaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 779th Med Group
Name: Josh
scrappletaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep my bad shoulda been more specific