Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension upgrade for hauling question

Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension upgrade for hauling question

I own a 2006 DC 4x4 TRD Sport non TSB

All of my driving is on pavement, but I am going to be purchasing a RV this spring and was wondering what "improvements" do you suggest I make to the suspension. I want to keep the ride "comfortable" and stable and also be able to handle a 6,000 lbs. RV.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
u may want to get an AAL put in or put in a set of Air bags to maintain a decent ride height and not have it squat so bad. also ive heard of people puttin in Timbren bumpstops when hauling alot to prevent bottoming out.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
How much would AAL add in height? How would they affect the ride quality? Would I then need to get a set of 5100's and adjust them to make the truck sit even? If so, how much adjustment would it probably require and can you adjust after install?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Peronally, I wouldn't go with an AAL. If you're hauling regularly, that AAL is gonna sag or break eventually.

Do some research on aftermarket replacement leaf paks, helpers springs, & airbags.