Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Replacing block for aal

Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
hey big man lemme hold a dollar
TRD_yota_nc is on a distinguished road
TRD_yota_nc's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing block for aal

I have a toytec lift but i have block and it sucks its screwing up everything so the question is will a aal be better than the block and will i still have the same amount of lift?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it will be better. What size block do you have?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
what exactly is it screwing up? chances are if its the same amount of lift the aal will cause some issues as well (axle wrap, vibes) if you dont do anything about the cb
Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I used a set of 3.5 blocks for 2 years without any issues at all. What happened?
Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I used a set of 3.5 blocks for 2 years without any issues at all. What happened?
3.5" block??

I've seen lift blocks as small as 1" come shooting out like missles when the rear axle is under torque. It's violent. The blocks either broke in pieces, sheared the centering pins off, and/or the u-bolts came loose.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
3.5" block??
The RCD kit comes with 4" blocks. Plenty of people running that here.

Not saying blocks are good...just saying 3.5" block isn't anything abnormal.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
hey big man lemme hold a dollar
TRD_yota_nc is on a distinguished road
TRD_yota_nc's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3 inch block and the block isnt broken or anything it just that its put my leafs in a straight position and i think it is making a problem so i just thought well if i take the block out and put a aal in place of it it would just be better i have the toytec lift with the spacers in the front and its supposed to be a 3inch lift but i dont think its a true 3 inch
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #9
sanga700 will become famous soon enoughsanga700 will become famous soon enough
sanga700's Tacoma Gallery
I got 1" block in the rear for a while and they're alright . then I removed them and put 1.5" AAL they're totally have big diffirence . The ride is much better.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
3.5" block??

I've seen lift blocks as small as 1" come shooting out like missles when the rear axle is under torque. It's violent. The blocks either broke in pieces, sheared the centering pins off, and/or the u-bolts came loose.
Nope. Totally fine.

I hate my AAL's? It seems that the AAL is a lot stronger than the leafs and the leafs are doing all the flexing while the AAL have hardly any give. if you can picture the leaf bending on the edges of the AAL on both ends rather than flexing as a whole set.

So I'm just going to save for a new 5 leaf pack.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
Nope. Totally fine.

I hate my AAL's? It seems that the AAL is a lot stronger than the leafs and the leafs are doing all the flexing while the AAL have hardly any give. if you can picture the leaf bending on the edges of the AAL on both ends rather than flexing as a whole set.

So I'm just going to save for a new 5 leaf pack.
What brand of aal do you have? Sounds like you have one that maybe isn't really meant for your tacoma.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
What brand of aal do you have? Sounds like you have one that maybe isn't really meant for your tacoma.
It's a fabtech. There where 2 versions and I can't remember the P/N but it's the long leaf.

Saving up for your 5 leaf and 5100's. I had bought the 1.25 shackle kit from you last month but decided not to install it after I realized I had to bust out the bushing in the leaf. I'll just see if someone wants it.

Might just drive up to see ya'll. I map quest it and it's only 6 hours away. Love to see the mountains or Oregon again!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
Air Force:
Saw a similar Taco with AAL's on my way home from picking up my niece from school. I stopped and noticed his does the same exact thing as mine.