LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pre-runner lift

Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
livetofish is on a distinguished road
livetofish's Tacoma Gallery
Pre-runner lift

I have a 06 Prerunner. I am want to lift it a little all around maybe 2-3 inches. What would be the best option for me. I am just doing this for looks the truck will never be off road. I am thinking 5100's in the front and aal in the rear. Would that be best for my use? If so, would it better to replace the coils in the front to? I am open to other options as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Pretty easy on the wallet too compared to some of the other alternatives. Not sure about the coil part, interested in what others have to say...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 5100's on the front and set them @ 1.75 with the stock springs and love the ride. No desire to change them out anytime soon. On the rear I have the rear TSB and 5100s. I think your plan with the AAL is perfect but I would recommend 5100's for the rear to improve the overall ride quality.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5100's set at 1.75" in front.

TSB springs in rear that have settled too much for me, so i put in a 1" block a couple weeks ago to get the rake back (and keep the headlights from pointing skyward)

Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
nobody should ever dump money into a prerunner... it's just dumb
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
Hey Sock, are those Predators or N-Fabs?. I'm looking for a set for Christmas.
n-fab
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol
Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it was a big joke dude, look at my truck... i've dumped wayyyy too much money into it and it's a prerunner
Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Look into lift spindles. They have the benefit of not altering front suspension geometry (camber, caster) and not reducing droop travel. Common 4WD lifting methods like the Toytec spacers or 5100s leave only about 1" of droop travel.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #13
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
it was a big joke dude, look at my truck... i've dumped wayyyy too much money into it and it's a prerunner
I took it that way
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
I took it that way
oh, i guess i'm the asshole then...lol
Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh, i guess i'm the asshole then...lol
What about the few people lifting 5 luggers? LOL!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
What about the few people lifting 5 luggers? LOL!
as long as you do it right, nothing wrong with that

Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I freaking love seeing those! I use to have a 94 hardbody. God I wanted to lift that sucker so bad! I use to spend all day starring at fabtechs website just looking at them!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
GabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to beholdGabeMazie is a splendid one to behold
Name: Gabe
GabeMazie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing a straight body lift. me and my buddy are gonna put it on this coming up weekend. it was cheap and if you put bigger tires and new wheels it will look nice as hell.