Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

replacing shocks question

Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: SERE
Name: Wes
FLAtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
replacing shocks question

i have a 2005 tacoma 2nd generation.
Have a toytec 3" leveling kit with 885s and a 3" body lift. you would think that it would give me 6" but it doesnt seem like it around another tacoma with the same or equivalent lift or even a full 6" system.

I have the same shocks since i bought the truck in 2005. im going to replace them dont worry lol their on order but would this lift it up a little or level it more maybe because the older shocks were worn out....?

just curious, thanks guys
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAtacoma05 View Post
i have a 2005 tacoma 2nd generation.
Have a toytec 3" leveling kit with 885s and a 3" body lift. you would think that it would give me 6" but it doesnt seem like it around another tacoma with the same or equivalent lift or even a full 6" system.

I have the same shocks since i bought the truck in 2005. im going to replace them dont worry lol their on order but would this lift it up a little or level it more maybe because the older shocks were worn out....?

just curious, thanks guys
Wait if I'm understanding this correctly, you have ALL of the following:
1. Toytec spacer kit
2. OME 885's
3. body lift

If I'm understanding correctly, that would 9", not 6", no?

I'm really hoping I'm misunderstanding you and that you didn't actually stack a spacer lift and a coil spring lift.

Wefe you running the 885's on stock shocks?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on that. Even if the shocks are blown the coil would hold it up. Otherwords it shouldn't effect the height at all. but the 885 is WAY tOO much for stock struts! EEKS!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Aside from adjustable shocks, shocks do nothing for ride height, they just dampen the ride. So if you put the same shocks on new, at the same setting, you'll sit at the same height.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Wait if I'm understanding this correctly, you have ALL of the following:
1. Toytec spacer kit
2. OME 885's
3. body lift

If I'm understanding correctly, that would 9", not 6", no?

I'm really hoping I'm misunderstanding you and that you didn't actually stack a spacer lift and a coil spring lift.

Wefe you running the 885's on stock shocks?

I have the Toytec ultimate leveling kit 3" with stock struts + body
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
i want coilovers but can only afford shocks right now. any suggestions? i been told several times the bilstein 5100 adjustables are great shocks but i shouldnt buy them to put on my truck unless i planned to keep them at factory height and no higher