Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Thinkin bout to straight axle my taco?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
All White is on a distinguished road
All White's Tacoma Gallery
Thinkin bout to straight axle my taco?

I got 2007 tacoma double cab and after all my research on lifts i think im going with a straight axle. If any one has done this yet and has some tips or pics i would be greatful.I also had a few questions.
  • Id like to keep my rear end so i dont have to do to much fab work on the rear so i need to find an axle that would fit my lug pattern. Any sujestions on what axle i should get?
  • Whats it gonna do to my computer? ive only done a swap on a low tech ranger and not sure how the whole elctronis on my front end work.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota 8" with 30 spline Longfields if your staying around 37" tires

Wyatt, awsumdc I think is his s/n.

Check out rocksolidtoys.com
Old 12-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The End's Tacoma Gallery
There are two trucks on this site than I know of. I can't remember the other guys. Their both badass silver trucks.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
there are very few here who have done a sas on their truck, and none that are 2nd gen that i know of. besides wyatt that is. your best bet will be to go look at ttora, but search alot before you post anything or they will get kinda pissy.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the money, hell yeah do it. You wont be dissappointed
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ild-up-58.html

silverseven is the other guy. Badass truck.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Check out RST... www.rocksolidtoys.com

All your questions will be answered there.

As far as axle choices, it all comes down to what you want to do with the truck and what size tires you want to run....
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want to get 4x4? If so y6ou need a ton of stuff
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #9
Thanks for info i tried reseachin myself just couldnt seem to find all the answers for the new gen. But me and my dad drew up what were gonna do last night from all the stuff i found. The main reason i wanna straight axel it is cause i wanna air bag it somethin i havent seen done on this gen. taco from all the demisions i got its gonna sit around 10 inches higher than stock then drop to around 3. Its gonna take me acouple months to work out all the bugs but ill post some pics soon as its done.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by All White View Post
Thanks for info i tried reseachin myself just couldnt seem to find all the answers for the new gen. But me and my dad drew up what were gonna do last night from all the stuff i found. The main reason i wanna straight axel it is cause i wanna air bag it somethin i havent seen done on this gen. taco from all the demisions i got its gonna sit around 10 inches higher than stock then drop to around 3. Its gonna take me acouple months to work out all the bugs but ill post some pics soon as its done.

Go here. RockSolidToys
Old 12-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
Do you want to get 4x4? If so y6ou need a ton of stuff
hahah, his truck is a 2wd .. when i first read this i was like
Old 12-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by All White View Post
That would be awesome but I think at only 3" over stock there would be some clearance issues.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #13
No its a 4x4 and its gonna come close ill figure it out. I just finished all my finals so ill have some free time to figure it out. I might air bag it with a independent and just drop it down when im not driveing and set my alignment straight when its all the way up. I havent decided if i have the time to fab all that with a straight axle and im on a budget of 4grand. Either way eventually wanna straight axle im just ready to get a lift on it. Its to low
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Your profile sez: "07 PreRunner SR5"

This gives folks reason to believe you're SASing a 2wd truck.

Perhaps you should update it.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
Lol i didnt mean to put that thanks for pointing it out though ill try to figure it out.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Check out this here.

Keep us posted
Old 12-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to wheel with it? I've heard stories of air bags getting torn. Not sure of the validity of the story though.