Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to convince mom I should lift the taco?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
How to convince mom I should lift the taco?

NEED HELP

Trying to persuade her to let me install a toytec 3" lift.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Add a leaf.You need new shocks.The 5100 bil.are adjustable.(hint hint) Would you be ok w/2.5 front lift??
Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Tell her you want to be able to clear small children incase they come out in front of the truck. or if you ever wanted to tow there would be a problem while towing it.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Add a leaf.You need new shocks.The 5100 bil.are adjustable.(hint hint) Would you be ok w/2.5 front lift??
Yea the 3" coil w/ AAL.

I think I am going to go with the OEM shocks
Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Yea the 3" coil w/ AAL.

I think I am going to go with the OEM shocks
oem? Stock & spacers. Low cost vrs.others.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
tell her that if she doesn't you'll turn emo, that should do the trick.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Why is she not letting you in the first place?

Nobody in my family is opposed to the lifting of my truck, as long as I'm paying for it all (which I am).
Old 08-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuls View Post
tell her that if she doesn't you'll turn emo, that should do the trick.
There's nothing more freightening to a mother than the thought of having a child turn emo. Think of the investment she would have to make in tissues, headphones, and Goodwill garb!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
tell her it'll help u pull trim!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
HighDesert is on a distinguished road
HighDesert's Tacoma Gallery
Simple ... move out if you are living at your parents home. If you can afford to support yourself and the truck, then you have earned the right to mod. Can't afford to support yourself, then live by the dictates of those who support you and be grateful there is someone supporting you!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #13
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
threaten to hold your breath until she gives in.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
There's nothing more freightening to a mother than the thought of having a child turn emo. Think of the investment she would have to make in tissues, headphones, and Goodwill garb!
You forgot girls clothing, make up, razor blades, and diary's.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
tell her by lifting the truck and adding wider tires you are actually making the truck more stable thus you are less likely to have a roll-over accident.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #16
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
You forgot girls clothing, make up, razor blades, and diary's.
You're right, thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Simple ... move out if you are living at your parents home. If you can afford to support yourself and the truck, then you have earned the right to mod. Can't afford to support yourself, then live by the dictates of those who support you and be grateful there is someone supporting you!
Damn man thats kinda harsh, he didnt ask IF he should be allowed to mod, just HOW he should persuade his mom to let him. Back off give the guy a break, i bet you wanted to do stuff while you lived under your parents and they said no then you had to convince them.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Damn man thats kinda harsh, he didnt ask IF he should be allowed to mod, just HOW he should persuade his mom to let him. Back off give the guy a break, i bet you wanted to do stuff while you lived under your parents and they said no then you had to convince them.
I was actually in agreement with BulletTooth.....

Hey -what can I say? When I was a kid, I never asked for stuff because I know exactly what the answer would be. And that answer would usually be followed by a big giant lecture (lengthy and yelling) about bills, clothing, something about food on the table...bla bla bla
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
Banned
YoYo_32757 will become famous soon enough
YoYo_32757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
NEED HELP

Trying to persuade her to let me install a toytec 3" lift.
Tell her if the taco is lifted....(Showing pics from TacomaWorld)
They could easily miss any animals that may dart in the road......
And PETA would send her an Xmas card every year for that!
Sounds good to me.....
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #20
mneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nicemneuls is just really nice

mneuls's Tacoma Gallery
you shoud just get it done, and when she asks about it use the Jedi mind trick....

... There is no 3" lift.