Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling Kit?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
only49ersfan is on a distinguished road

only49ersfan's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling Kit?

So im considering doing a leveling kit on my 09 TRD Sport 4x4 Ac. Cab. Im not sure what the difference is in a "lift" and a Leveling Kit is. Also, if it would void any warranties through Toyota then Im not going to do it. I was looking at the Revtek kit which gives me 3" in the front and 1.25" in the rear. As always I try to do my research on this site before I buy anything. Maybe its the Miller Lites Ive been drinkinng since noon or Ive overlooked some stuff but Ive tried searching before asking and my questions have not been answered. I saw something about my front CV joints wearing early due to some suspension mods. Can someone either direct me to a previous thread or clarify my questions for me? Thanks guys
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Don't go with a spacer lift, they mess with your suspension geometry bad and will cause your truck to have a bad ride. Just go with the generic, Bilstein 5100s Struts and adjust them to 1.75 it will level out your truck. No you don't need to get a diff drop for your CVs and if you needed one they are cheap.. Check out www.downsouthmotorsports.com
Also the biggest size tire you will only be able to fit is 265/70/R17s (if you are running your stock wheels.) Just putting it out there if you plan on leveling out your truck out. It's a FAQ.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
^^^What he said... I just installed mine yesterday. Real easy to install and ride hasn't changed at all from what I can tell.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Don't go with a spacer lift, they mess with your suspension geometry bad and will cause your truck to have a bad ride. Just go with the generic, Bilstein 5100s Struts and adjust them to 1.75 it will level out your truck. No you don't need to get a diff drop for your CVs and if you needed one they are cheap.. Check out www.downsouthmotorsports.com
Also the biggest size tire you will only be able to fit is 265/70/R17s (if you are running your stock wheels.) Just putting it out there if you plan on leveling out your truck out. It's a FAQ.
OK thanks for the info. Couple more questions. If I purchased these shocks can i reuse my oem springs or do i need to buy new springs? Are these the Bilstein shocks you were talking about? http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html. Thanks again for everybodys imput.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only49ersfan View Post
OK thanks for the info. Couple more questions. If I purchased these shocks can i reuse my oem springs or do i need to buy new springs? Are these the Bilstein shocks you were talking about? http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html. Thanks again for everybodys imput.
Yes.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfm10350 View Post
You can reuse the oem springs and set the billys to 1.5 or replace the oem springs with eibach springs and set the billys to 0
ok. can someone post a link to the eibach springs i would need. Im tryin to get out as cheap as possible but i plan on keeping this truck for another 7-10 years so i dont want to half-ass this.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
bobfm10350 is on a distinguished road

Name: Deric
bobfm10350's Tacoma Gallery
Well the eibachs would end up being more expensive because you would have to buy both springs and shocks. The cheapest way to do it would most likely be to get the bilstein 5100s from dsm and set them to 1.5

The eibach springs are from toyteclifts.com if your still wondering
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only49ersfan View Post
ok. can someone post a link to the eibach springs i would need. Im tryin to get out as cheap as possible but i plan on keeping this truck for another 7-10 years so i dont want to half-ass this.
Just use the stock springs and set it at 1.75", rides great and will save you some money. Here is mine set at 1.75 with the stock springs

Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #10

just curious how much the eibach springs would cost.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #11

Thanks guys. im glad i asked before buying the leveling kit. those bilstein shocks are what ill end up doing instead. P265/70R17 BFG A/Ts, those Bilstein shocks, wheel alignment and ill be set. Any additional info is always welcomed. Thanks again
Old 12-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
pollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
pollock21's Tacoma Gallery
To summarize, best way to level is 5100's, no diff drop needed, alignment, done and done? Yes, that's a question, I'm looking to level too.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
CristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant future

Name: Cristian
CristianTRD's Tacoma Gallery
These are the Eibach springs. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Like said before.. You don't need to buy the springs the Bilsteins are good with your stock springs. You can always buy them later and put them on with the 5100's if you like.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Recently ordered my setup..

2 front , 2 rear Bilstiens
Downsouth UCA's
1/4 " top plate spacer
Toytec 1.5" add-a-leafs

for under $1000 (actually cheaper than I was expecting)
Haven't received yet but should have it installed in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #16

thanks for all the info guys. Billy 5100's, 265/70R17 BFG A/T's, and an alignment and Ill be set. now does anyone like to donate for these upgrades?