Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Kit - good/bad -

Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit - good/bad -

Still looking at lift options. What does everyone think about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-08-Toyota-Tac...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at Poly spacers and aluminum spacers....then this???
Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if u wanna do offroading, i'd get the AAL. and no matter what the description says, u'll never "easily" clear 33's w/ 2.5" of front lift. u can fit them, but u'll be removing mudflaps and trimming plastic
Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Do you ever plan on going offroad with the truck?

If yes - I'd avoid that lift kit.

#1) The spacers mounts ontop the coil spring assembly. This causes your upper a-arms to sit lower and can come in contact with the steering knuckle.

#2) Blocks in the rear can be a bad thing for offroading. The amount of torque on them can cause them to crack/break. I've seen atleast 3-4 sets of blocks break on the trails over the years.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
Only type of off-road will be to/from the fishing hole and deer stand. I am only planning on running some BFG A/T 265/70/17 on Moto Metal 951's (17X9). I would just like a little more height in the stance.

Like Janster said, I have been told that a spacer kit w/o the "preloader" puts to much stress on the front end.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Do you ever plan on going offroad with the truck?

If yes - I'd avoid that lift kit.

#1) The spacers mounts ontop the coil spring assembly. This causes your upper a-arms to sit lower and can come in contact with the steering knuckle.
i've got a 3" that sits on top, until i get my 5100 coilovers, and the uca's do sit low. i can full lock w/ those 32's and not knock or rub anywhere. hope to take it offroad tomorrow and see how it does
Old 08-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
Banned
YoYo_32757 will become famous soon enough
YoYo_32757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
Still looking at lift options. What does everyone think about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/05-08-Toyota-Tac...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at Poly spacers and aluminum spacers....then this???
That kit is basically about what I have on my '05. The coil-overs are definately the way to go, but from what I see, those are about $700. I don't do any heavy duty 4 wheeling, actually that's why I have a Honda FourTrax 420 4X4, but I use my truck on the trails to get me there.

But.....they are correct! I had to remove the front mud flaps in order to run 285/75/16's due to rubbing. I, probably like you, just wanted the bigger wheels and tires.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i've got a 3" that sits on top, until i get my 5100 coilovers, and the uca's do sit low. i can full lock w/ those 32's and not knock or rub anywhere. hope to take it offroad tomorrow and see how it does
Take some pictures if you can....especially while one of the sides is at full droop. I'd be curious to see it.