Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which coilover is passanger & driver

Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
SCTACOMA
jarroddorraj is on a distinguished road
jarroddorraj's Tacoma Gallery
which coilover is passanger & driver

I just purchased a set of stock coilovers for my 06 prerunner with spacers already installed, my question is is there a difference betwen the drivers side and passenger side coilovers, and if so how can I tell the difference?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Well...the previous generation trucks were different. But I'm not sure about the new trucks.

The previous generation trucks - the drivers side coil had an additional winding.

Count the 'windings' on the coils and see if they're the same or not. If one is longer - and if I had to guess - it's probably the drivers side.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
SCTACOMA
are the windings the loops in the springs?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarroddorraj View Post
are the windings the loops in the springs?
The Passenger side will have 2 paint marks of the same color on the coil, I think it is "green". The driver side will have 2 paint spots, but they will be "Green" and "Yellow".
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
SCTACOMA
thanks guys hopefully the install will go smooth
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
SCTACOMA
one more question, do i need a tourqe wrench to tighten the bolts back or should i just get them as tight as i can?
Old 08-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
I just purchased a set of stock coilovers for my 06 prerunner with spacers already installed, my question is is there a difference betwen the drivers side and passenger side coilovers, and if so how can I tell the difference?
I guess this means you got them?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
SCTACOMA
yes i got the coilovers, they have the same number of windings, one has blue & white paint and the other has green & gray anyone know which is driver and passanger
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yes i got the coilovers, they have the same number of windings, one has blue & white paint and the other has green & gray anyone know which is driver and passanger
What year are they from?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #11
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
What year are they from?
There from my 07
Old 08-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
There from my 07
Im not familliar with that color combo.
Could I get a close up pic of the coils?
Old 08-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
SCTACOMA
here is the pic hope it helps

which coilover is passanger & driver-104.jpg
Old 08-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #14

Im pretty sure the one with the green paint spot is driver side. If Im wrong, you can always switch them. Sorry I cant be of more help.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
SCTACOMA
thanks chris i'll give it a shot, only one way to find out
Old 08-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you know...........i feel like an idiot now!!! when me and tigerfan took my coils out to replace the shocks(put in billy 5100's), we didnt even pay attention to which was which. i could have possibly put the wrong sides on................but the truck looks pretty level to me. is it gonna cause any harm if they are wrong??
Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you know...........i feel like an idiot now!!! when me and tigerfan took my coils out to replace the shocks(put in billy 5100's), we didnt even pay attention to which was which. i could have possibly put the wrong sides on................but the truck looks pretty level to me. is it gonna cause any harm if they are wrong??
No harm, but it will sag on the driver side. If you dont notice it, You probably got it right!.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No harm, but it will sag on the driver side. If you dont notice it, You probably got it right!.
ok, cool. if i notice it starting to sag.....i'll change them around!! thanks chris!!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #19

Quote:
here is the pic hope it helps

Attachment 8208
Wow, I never notice that
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
ok, cool. if i notice it starting to sag.....i'll change them around!! thanks chris!!
Your good. You would have noticed it pretty quickly, within a few days.