1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Leaf Pack Straight after 30K

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by billas333, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    So I recently decided to exchange out my 1" lift block for a 3" block to get my rear end up higher. Well I have had it on for about a week and going over speed bumps is very jarring in the rear. I was looking at my leaf pack today and it is completely straight, no frowning and no U shape. I had the TSB done at about 10K and my truck has less than 40K on it.

Anyone else having this problem with the TSB leaf pack? I did tow a boat for a couple times that was around 6000lbs but damn would that kill the pack?

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    R.I.P leaf pack

3. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Its the blocks that F'ed them up. They can wear out a spring pack fast, due to the increased leverage the axel has to twist them.

4. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Bloody Hell

5. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I have the " TSB " 4 leaf pack , which is stock in the Canadian trucks . Mine is squashed flat from hauling lumber and a large toolbox . I'm going to replace it with Dakars when I install my OME setup .

6. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    billas333

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Gotta be honest I am annoyed with my tacoma and all the TSB stuff, Toyota really has let their quality go! My fan bearing broke too and I am waiting on the part to come in.

I do not really see how a block could have messed them up when they would have just bent the same on the axel anyway

7. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    YellowDog01

YellowDog01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4
    That leaf pack might have been ok if you hadn't installed that block...When you are saying Toyota lost their qualtiy...I think not buying quality suspension parts is the reason it went.

Hello, Dakars! Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top