1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension plans - Feedback? Reviews?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CaptMorgan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dec 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Lift, tires, aux-in, LED Taillights, Flowmaster
    I've got about 60k on my 884's with small Toytec spacer and 1" block in the rear. The stock Billies have about 67k on them. I just purchased brand new Leeper coilovers from PTaco88 in the classifieds and am thinking about diving in and upgrading the rest of the suspension. I'm budget conscious but not thats not the end game.

I am fairly happy with the ride of my truck but am optimistic of improved on and offroad performance.
    In addition to the coilovers I am currently planning on getting:

- Camburg "Ball-Joint" UCA
    - Wheeler's 1.5" Lift 3 Leaf Progressive Add A Leaf Kit
    - IVD Remote Reservoir Rear Shock Set

I really don't think I would maximize the additional cost of the Uni-Ball and don't have trust in the Built-Right arms for the price.

I chose that add-a-leaf cause I really don't want my rear much higher than it is now, and the offroading I do is more of the high speed fire roads and stuff -so I am looking for something not too stiff and that can soak up dips etc

As for the shocks, I am wondering if there are any other resi shocks out there to consider, I would really like to find something where the resi is piggy-backed. I like the looks of the Bilstein 5150 but my understanding is they only work with the 6" lift? Think its safe to say the FOX's are more than I want to spend.

Haven't really seen much in the way of reviews for these parts. Anyone have feedback on these? Anyone go a different route in my shoes?

Thinking wheelers is where I plan to purcahse it all from. Any specific peeps I should try and get in contact with there? Any forum discounts I should be aware of?

Long post, thanks for reading

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    The Fox's are the same price as the IVD rear resi's. I would go with TC UCA's too, but I am biased. I would also go with the u-bolt flip from All Pro.

3. Dec 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe
    I'm finding the Fox's to be $600 a set and the IVD's to be $472 IVD Remote Reservoir Rear Shock Set: 472.00/set What does the u-bolt flip do, just more clearance?

4. Dec 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Oh wow, I was looking at them back in summer and it was 500 for the pair, they might have been on sale. and I think you can get the 5150's in any size you want, you just have to get pin to eyelet adapter like this one from TC.

[​IMG]

5. Dec 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe

Products Discussed in

To Top