Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will Toyota fix TSB on a Certified preowned?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Will Toyota fix TSB on a Certified preowned?

Just picked up my 2007 Dbl cab Prerunner. I had to take it back for 3 days do get it "certified pre owned".

I want to lift it 3 inches and do it on the cheap. I decided 5100s all the way around and AAL. I read that after you get the TSB on rear leafs, that adds 1.5 inches or so.

With that being said, the TSB was not done on my 2007. With it having to be a certified pre owned, can I take it back to the dealer and have them do the rear leafs? It is under bumper to bumper warranty for 2 more months.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe, maybe not. I took my 06 in and I have the Toyota ECP and they flat out refused. Said they would do it for me, but at a price of $1800 Canadian... bought a 2" Toytec AAL and some 5100's instead
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
red2last is on a distinguished road
red2last's Tacoma Gallery
i bought a certified 08 and still under the 3 years warranty. the dealer performed the tsb on the rear leaf at no charge.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had a problem getting TSB's done as second owner- As long as you are still under the bumper to bumper limits.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is an 06, and I was told by 3 dealers, and Toyota Canada that it was a no go for me. You might be different... I still have ECP until Nov 2011.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Should not have a problem. Just call around to a few dealers and ask.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Update:

Took it to the dealer, they gave me the run around.

I then call Toyota's 1800 number and they said my truck's VIN is not covered under the TSB.

Oh well
Old 12-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
zx6rman96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
zx6rman96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Just picked up my 2007 Dbl cab Prerunner. I had to take it back for 3 days do get it "certified pre owned".

I want to lift it 3 inches and do it on the cheap. I decided 5100s all the way around and AAL. I read that after you get the TSB on rear leafs, that adds 1.5 inches or so.

With that being said, the TSB was not done on my 2007. With it having to be a certified pre owned, can I take it back to the dealer and have them do the rear leafs? It is under bumper to bumper warranty for 2 more months.

What you have to do is call Toyota 800 number with your VIN # and they will look up the vehicle purchase date. Yours will have to be January 1st 2008 or later, otherwise your 3years is up. And you have to be under 36000 miles. Hope this helps, if all this is true for your vehicle.....go to your dealer and say harsh ride when hauling heavy load, and they will take care of you....at least mine did. Hope this helps. I have an 07 as well, and barely made the 3 year mark, mine will be 3 years January 3rd 2011. Also, I think it has to be TRD models....
Old 12-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
RAMZAK has a spectacular aura aboutRAMZAK has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mark
RAMZAK's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine at a local Nissan dealership, still under factory warranty(20K miles, $23K) and I got the TSB done with no problem!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine with 36.8k miles bought the 100k warranty and they refuse.

I know mine needs it, I watch it sag when I put stuff in there. I'll eventually go to another dealer.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Update:

Took it to the dealer, they gave me the run around.

I then call Toyota's 1800 number and they said my truck's VIN is not covered under the TSB.

Oh well
I will try 2 more dealers tomorrow.....