Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Flat springs

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Flat springs

When my pickup is unladen in the bed, the leaf springs look flat to slightly negatively arched.

I just bought 240 pounds of tube sand to aid in winter traction, and now the springs are very noticeably arched. What causes a truck with 37k miles to have springs that are completely shot?

I've seen the other threads that show that the only two things that can be done are re-arching or a new spring pack.

This is about as heavy a load as I ever plan to run the truck with on a regular basis, and was thinking of the Wheeler's Alcan pack as a potential replacement since used TSB leaf springs seem difficult to come by. Not too fond of the $600 price, and I also wonder if the 2" of lift given is too much.

What are other options? Not interested in Dakars or the 3" All Pro pack, either.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Just install an AAL. That should take care of your problem for the most part. But you may need to lift the front a bit too afterwards.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
buy new leafs. if they suck you might as well get all new leafs then having 1 leaf holding up the bad ones
Old 12-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
For now I've decided to do nothing. The load is not causing the springs to touch the overload leaves.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
thebaugh23 is on a distinguished road

Army: Fort Lewis Wa 8-1 CAV
Name: Eston
thebaugh23's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking about putting new leaf springs and shocks. im going with the orginal bilstein shokcs. does anyone know of any good leafs?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Just last night I replaced my leafs with Dakars and I feel like I have a new truck!!! I also found a blown shock so I went to Kartek this morning to get some rebuild kits!