LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

FJ rear FOX Shocks from ORW

Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
CaptMorgan's Tacoma Gallery
Smile FJ rear FOX Shocks from ORW

Don't know if this is common knowledge or posted be fore but... I ordered up the FJ cruiser rear Fox Shocks from OffRoad Warehouse today. Went this route since they are considered OE replacements and the Tacoma version really only accommodate a 1” lift at 22" long ext. The best I could find on the Icon rear resi's was that they are 24.1" ext and ORW has the FJ Fox's that are 24.4" ext.

I had already planned to do this, but the rep suggested it before I got to mention my plan and he even knew I would need different bushings and sleeves for the bottom, what an awesome experience. I was planning to get the Icons, but going this route saved me some $ and I like the piggy back resi's instead of the frame mount of the Icons
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
CaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant futureCaptMorgan has a brilliant future
Here is a link FWIW
All fox oe replacement shocks
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod.../730/sfID3/735
the FJ pair I picked up
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...productID/3980
Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump can you please post up the info you got regarding this? Did you have to make the bumps higher "longer" to accomodate this as I am in the same boat right now and need a definite answer very soon. I am going to be running J66 leafs with whichever Fox shock is best suited.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Paul, I added some possibly useful info to the other thread as well
Old 04-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Sorry, not sure what you guys are looking for. Install went great and they ride amazing.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Hey Paul, I added some possibly useful info to the other thread as well

Ok Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Eh?

Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
Sorry, not sure what you guys are looking for. Install went great and they ride amazing.

Ride quality, do the shocks top out during full compression, or still hit the bump stops? Im searching to see if the front can be set up for the extra travel aswell.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
Almost there

Ya the front can. You need uniball uca's and get the extended travel coilovers. Thats what I just ordered
Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibblit View Post
Ride quality, do the shocks top out during full compression, or still hit the bump stops? Im searching to see if the front can be set up for the extra travel aswell.
I am still bottoming out on the bump stumps when I take a big hit. I've thought about getting timbren bumpstops to smooth out the bumps.

Hope this helps
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
How bouncy are those timbrens? I was looking at the super bumps from wheelers but still on the fence! Sorry, not trying to thread jack!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
Eh?

Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am still bottoming out on the bump stumps when I take a big hit. I've thought about getting timbren bumpstops to smooth out the bumps.

Hope this helps

Yes it dose, Thank you
Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is a link FWIW
All fox oe replacement shocks
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod.../730/sfID3/735
the FJ pair I picked up
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...productID/3980
Do the fj shocks put the threaded resi end up top like the all pros? If so I think I just found a new set of rear shocks
Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
Almost there

ya FJ shocks put the resi on the top, tacoma shocks put the resi on the bottom behind the wheel were no one can see it lol

you need to be running a lift to run the FJ shocks as the lengths are not the same as a factory ride height tacoma
Old 04-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool thanks. Ya I'm planning on getting a 3" lift in the rear so these should compliment it nicely
Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
Cool thanks. Ya I'm planning on getting a 3" lift in the rear so these should compliment it nicely
Actually, from my other thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...fj-tacoma.html,

To be able to really use the rear to the fullest extent you might want to reconsider which shocks to use. Bilstein uses a 16" collapsed and 27" extended shock for a 3-4" lift. I dont think the Fox will be long enough for you....its your truck man I am just throwing out some food for thought
Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #17

Oh ok. Thanks for the heads. I definitely don't want any problems later on down the road.