Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf TSB question

Old 12-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
leaf TSB question

I have never paid much attention to rear spring TSB discussions, since I was already long past my eligibility for the TSB when I first heard about it. But I have a question (that has probably been discussed ad nausium): I understand that the TSB provides 1-1.5" of rear lift compared to non-TSB, yes? So my question is does the stealership do anything besides swap out the leaf pack, such as do any tweaks to driveline angles like shims or bearing drops?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
I'll second that one...... good question.....lets hear it guys?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizjettech View Post
I'll second that one...... good question.....lets hear it guys?

Nice avatar.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
yours as well.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They change the packs and that's it in the rear. Nothing else.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If the OP read all those TSB threads that he never really paid attention to he would know the question to his own answer.

jk
Old 12-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
Himiler is on a distinguished road
Navy: Long ago,far far away on the flight deck
Name: Skip
Himiler's Tacoma Gallery
More leaf tsp questions

I am new and have posted questions on how to fix my rear springs on my 02prerunner. The truck will rock 6" forward and backwards when in park and only the springs flex,wonder if the tsp fixes this or what does. Suggestions were to 'add a leaf! My springs were made in Mexico, any history of problems with them. Also the truck was used for moving a lot as told to me by the original owner. Really getting tired of the flex underneath every time I stop.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himiler View Post
I am new and have posted questions on how to fix my rear springs on my 02prerunner. The truck will rock 6" forward and backwards when in park and only the springs flex,wonder if the tsp fixes this or what does. Suggestions were to 'add a leaf! My springs were made in Mexico, any history of problems with them. Also the truck was used for moving a lot as told to me by the original owner. Really getting tired of the flex underneath every time I stop.

The TSB is for the 2nd gen Tacomas. I have never heard of any problems with the leaf springs other then them allowing the suspension to bottom out with a slight load on the 2nd gens. Do you have any kind of lift or anything? The slop you are talking about might be from bad U joints.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #9
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , the TSB springs will settle to approximately 3/4" over stock .

This will be hastened by the amount of weight you haul in your truck .