1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help lifting

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by armsraised, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Aug 14, 2008 at 8:58 AM
    armsraised

armsraised [OP] Member

Member:
    I want to lift my 07 double cab, i'd say 3". What's the best, or.... There seems to be so many ways and kinds and types.... I want to do it myself. Any suggestions or point me somewhere i can learn more about how and why it works and such, thanks.

2. Aug 14, 2008 at 9:19 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Read my sticky at the top of the folder. Or read the link in my sig.

3. Aug 14, 2008 at 11:56 AM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    Its a real helpful link. Helped me out. Learned things too. So thanks for that 05.

I did my research and found Coilovers with UCAs up front to be a very clean look, good ride on the road and not too bad off the road. I got the Icons but there are alot of good front coilovers out there you can get. TT, SAW, Icon, Fox. Its all up to you. One thing I do recommend is the problem I ran into myself. If you plan on upgrading tires plan for that so you can adjust your coilovers prior to installation. I just had to crank mine down to stop my new tires from rubbing. Wasnt too painful but it wanst fun either. Good Luck and make sure its WHAT YOU WANT.

Moose

4. Aug 15, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    armsraised

armsraised [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks and I have read all that is available here. Still leaves me with some decisions I'll just be guessing at. I'm only doing it for looks, I do not use the truck off-road.

Products Discussed in

To Top