Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help lifting

Old 08-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
armsraised is on a distinguished road
armsraised's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to armsraised
Help lifting

I want to lift my 07 double cab, i'd say 3". What's the best, or.... There seems to be so many ways and kinds and types.... I want to do it myself. Any suggestions or point me somewhere i can learn more about how and why it works and such, thanks.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Read my sticky at the top of the folder. Or read the link in my sig.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read my sticky at the top of the folder. Or read the link in my sig
Its a real helpful link. Helped me out. Learned things too. So thanks for that 05.

I did my research and found Coilovers with UCAs up front to be a very clean look, good ride on the road and not too bad off the road. I got the Icons but there are alot of good front coilovers out there you can get. TT, SAW, Icon, Fox. Its all up to you. One thing I do recommend is the problem I ran into myself. If you plan on upgrading tires plan for that so you can adjust your coilovers prior to installation. I just had to crank mine down to stop my new tires from rubbing. Wasnt too painful but it wanst fun either. Good Luck and make sure its WHAT YOU WANT.

Moose
Old 08-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
armsraised is on a distinguished road
armsraised's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to armsraised
Thanks and I have read all that is available here. Still leaves me with some decisions I'll just be guessing at. I'm only doing it for looks, I do not use the truck off-road.