Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What lift is this

Old 12-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
What lift is this

I just bought this tacoma can anyone tell me what lift was used from this picture? I don't know anything about lifts and i don't know if the back is or not.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looked like a ready lift or fat bobs spacer lift
Old 12-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
its a readylift i bet, either way its crappy
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Am i going to run into problems now trying to get the 5100's put on?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzshack View Post
Am i going to run into problems now trying to get the 5100's put on?
No. It's not a problem, just get in touch with Downsouthmotorsports.com
Old 12-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
No. It's not a problem, just get in touch with Downsouthmotorsports.com
I just emailed them. So this should also make my ride smoother on the interstate?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just emailed them. So this should also make my ride smoother on the interstate?
Better than that ol'e spacer lift.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, seeing as how you have a top-plate spacer, the Billies will actually make the ride stiffer, because they preload the springs.

But as others have said, they are a much higher quality lift than you have right now.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
with 5100s he wont need the spacer, so he can sell it/throw it away and just ride on the 5100s which will be a butt ton smoother than what he's got now
Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
with 5100s he wont need the spacer, so he can sell it/throw it away and just ride on the 5100s which will be a butt ton smoother than what he's got now
Yes, but the ride will be stiffer, because the spacer he has now does not compress the coils.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #12

any guesstament of what firestone would charge to put them on?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yes, but the ride will be stiffer, because the spacer he has now does not compress the coils.
oh you're right, i misread your first post

Quote:
any guesstament of what firestone would charge to put them on?
around 300-400 i'd guess
Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
A "home made" lift. haha.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #15

I'm going to order them on monday. Right now i think the front is higher than the back, Which probable isn't helping my mpg.
'

ps i have some "home made" spacers for sale :P
Old 12-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still trying to figure this out what is a AAL.
It stands for "add-a-leaf". It is a type of rear lift where you put one more leaf in you leaf pack.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #17

are the rear of the 5100 adjustable? i'd like to do the 2 1/2" front and to be level with the back i don't want the front to be higher. thanks for the help
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
are the rear of the 5100 adjustable? i'd like to do the 2 1/2" front and to be level with the back i don't want the front to be higher. thanks for the help
No, they are not. Only ways to lift the back are blocks (not recommended) or AAL's.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #19

Will i need a AAL to do the 2 1/2" in the front or does that match up with the back already?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will i need a AAL to do the 2 1/2" in the front or does that match up with the back already?
not sure what you are asking here. The front doesn't have any leafs.