Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leveling kit problem

Old 12-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
beacher is on a distinguished road
beacher's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation leveling kit problem

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out . a couple weeks ago i installed a 2'' leveling kit on my 09 Tacoma , but i didnt install a differential drop kit and the vehicle is riding kind of weird. its a lot different. will i screw up the front end or cv joints if i dont put a diff drop kit in? theres a vibration sometimes that wasnt there before, but its hard to notice.thanks for reading.( already got wheel alignment done)..
Old 12-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out . a couple weeks ago i installed a 2'' leveling kit on my 09 Tacoma , but i didnt install a differential drop kit and the vehicle is riding kind of weird. its a lot different. will i screw up the front end or cv joints if i dont put a diff drop kit in? theres a vibration sometimes that wasnt there before, but its hard to notice.thanks for reading.( already got wheel alignment done)..
What kind of leveling kit is it? Coil spacer or top plate spacer?

First thing to check is to make sure everything is still torqued down and that nothing has shifted.

Someone else will chime in about diff drops but they are basically worthless.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
beacher's Tacoma Gallery
it mounts on the top of the struts
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
I did a Readylift 2.25" leveling kit and brought the front up with a diff spacer kit included in the box. No vibrations or problems at all at any speed. In fact I had to add a 1" spacer block to the rear leaf spring because the rear was low after. Readylift said no need to change shocks. 2010 TRD Sport. I am not sure why the diff spacer kit is useless. I don't know much about it but it seems logical to me to lesson the cv joint angle if thats what it does.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
beacher's Tacoma Gallery
so i should probably get the diff drop..? thanks man
Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beacher View Post
so i should probably get the diff drop..? thanks man
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml?highlight=
Old 12-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Diff. drop is debatable. I don't think a 2" lift would be too drastic for a diff. drop kit but kit is pretty cheap if you have concerns. It may/may not fix your issues. I usually get my tires balanced at the same time of alignment and get a copy of your alignment printout to see if the specs are acceptable for a lifted truck.(there are many alignment postings here)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
beacher's Tacoma Gallery
yeah , i got the alignment. but maybe its off since it is higher now. also i havent noticed any unusual tire wear so it could be right.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
beacher's Tacoma Gallery
now that i looked at that link KPT posted i changed my mind about getting the diff drop kit haha.. damn thats ugly, if that happened to me , i would probably shit my jeans, and throw up at the same time..
Old 12-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I say make sure you have a good alignment...and by good I mean not just within the "specs" as they are a very wide area.