Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anyone running 285x75 on a Pre Runner with a 3" lift?? PICS??

Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cameron
c.coulby's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running 285x75 on a Pre Runner with a 3" lift?? PICS??

Wanting to see pics of your Pre Runner with 3" lift running 285x75 tires. I'm thinking about lifting my 2.5 billies to 2.5" and adding a .5" spacer on top of that to make 3" lift. Then either block or leaf pack to lift rear. Just wondering if anyone has done this and has pictures.

P.S. Did anyone have to use wheel spacers???
Old 12-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
You need wheel spacers if you use trd rim Just use the search button..tons of people are using that setup
Old 12-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
look up mrgrimms build...ill try to get a link hold on a sec

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-crawler.html
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.coulby View Post
Wanting to see pics of your Pre Runner with 3" lift running 285x75 tires. I'm thinking about lifting my 2.5 billies to 2.5" and adding a .5" spacer on top of that to make 3" lift. Then either block or leaf pack to lift rear. Just wondering if anyone has done this and has pictures.

P.S. Did anyone have to use wheel spacers???
Why does the pic have to be of a prerunner and not a 4x4? You can tell the difference from 20 feet away?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #5
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Why does the pic have to be of a prerunner and not a 4x4? You can tell the difference from 20 feet away?
Well I didn't know if there would be. Difference in the way it would look with a 3" lift.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplaydamian View Post
When you say 285/75 ......18 17 16 15 so is there like a standerd size wheels you guys run? A 298/75r18 is way bigger than a 285/75/16...........
285x75r16
Old 12-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Did you check these 85 threads that have "285/75/16" in the title?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=1760067

yes i did try and search for the answer but i wasn't 100% sure that adding a .5" spacer on top of my 2.5 billies would clear and wanted to put that out there.. also wanted some pics with just a 3" lift running that size tire...
Old 12-20-2010, 05:51 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes i did try and search for the answer but i wasn't 100% sure that adding a .5" spacer on top of my 2.5 billies would clear and wanted to put that out there.. also wanted some pics with just a 3" lift running that size tire...
Plenty of folks running 33's at the 2.5 setting. So adding a 1/2" spacer will give you even more clearance.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
You need wheel spacers if you use trd rim Just use the search button..tons of people are using that setup
I'm running ATX Artillery 16" wheels i believe they have 4.5" backspacing...
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm running ATX Artillery 16" wheels i believe they have 4.5" backspacing...
4.5" is ideal, so you are good to go there.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
Est.1989 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandt
Est.1989's Tacoma Gallery
im running 285/75/16 with a 3" spacer kit.. it only rubs if you turn all the way. i just bought spacers to see if itd fix the problem but havent put them on yet
Old 12-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I am running 3" with 285s and i have when spacers. Just look at my gallery. Oh and i have no rubbing at all.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I am running 3" with 285s and i have when spacers. Just look at my gallery. Oh and i have no rubbing at all.

hey man, i just put the spacers on and im rubbing all over lol guess ill just have to do some cutting
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.1989 View Post
hey man, i just put the spacers on and im rubbing all over lol guess ill just have to do some cutting
so you put the wheel spacers on and your rubbing afterwards and werent before?

what backspacing do you have? Mine are right at 4.5"

you just confused me bad lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #17

Quote:
so you put the wheel spacers on and your rubbing afterwards and werent before?

what backspacing do you have? Mine are right at 4.5"

you just confused me bad lol

ok im not good with figuring out my back spacing. ive got 16 inch 6 lug with 285/75 tires on stock tacoma rims and they only rubbed on the control arm if i turned all the way.
NOW that i have 1.5" spacers it rubs on the front mud flaps, and the black plastic that hangs down about 3 inches from the front bumper.
Atleast now it doesn't rub on my control arm! lol
Old 12-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.1989 View Post
ok im not good with figuring out my back spacing. ive got 16 inch 6 lug with 285/75 tires on stock tacoma rims and they only rubbed on the control arm if i turned all the way.
NOW that i have 1.5" spacers it rubs on the front mud flaps, and the black plastic that hangs down about 3 inches from the front bumper.
Atleast now it doesn't rub on my control arm! lol
lol man you are cracking me up haha but (to my understanding) stock tacoma wheels do not have any backspacing at all. but i understand what you mean now...
Old 12-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol man you are cracking me up haha but (to my understanding) stock tacoma wheels do not have any backspacing at all. but i understand what you mean now...
Stock tacoma wheels have between 5.5 and 5.25" backspacing, depending on the model.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Stock tacoma wheels have between 5.5 and 5.25" backspacing, depending on the model.
so the lower the backspacing the further out from the hub it sits? (and gives it a wider stance?)