Notices

Anyone used this lift kit?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
helmsracing is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
helmsracing's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone used this lift kit?

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/529043.html

thinkin about buying it with hydro shocks unless I can use my bilisteins from the TRD off road. Then I will be getting 32'' tires. Also pics would be great!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/529043.html

thinkin about buying it with hydro shocks unless I can use my bilisteins from the TRD off road. Then I will be getting 32'' tires. Also pics would be great!
I would avoid both spacers and blocks.

You can get bilstein 5100's and an add-a-leaf for the same price.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey man.....check out toyteclifts.com .................they have some very nice 3 inch kits for right under $300 and they arent spacer lifts. you can get them with an aal insted of the block for the rear, which is a better lift setup, and coils in the front, which will be alot smoother than the spacers. just a heads up.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
Ok good thing i posted. which would you guys recommend over all for UNDER $350 dollars?

I was thinkin about this one....http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

with the diff drop kit. should I also go with the billisten 5100? even if I gotta spend an extra 75?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here you go.....this is just one of them....

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsracing View Post
Ok good thing i posted. which would you guys recommend over all for UNDER $350 dollars?

I was thinkin about this one....http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

with the diff drop kit. should I also go with the billisten 5100? even if I gotta spend an extra 75?
you really probably dont need the diff drop....and thats showing a spacer lift, which isnt going to be all that comfortable or perform well if you plan on offroading much.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you're half way there. That's still a spacer lift.

Your best bet for the money is to get bilstein 5100's from down south motorsports. That will lift the front for under $200. Then get an add a leaf from toytec for under $100.

The general consensus around here is that diff drops are useless but I have a prerunner so what do I know...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec with 885/886 coil will be my lift.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Ok so I got this for front:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

and this for rear:

Am i going to need shocks for the rear add a leafs? Already have billys on the rear from my TRD package.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsracing View Post
Ok so I got this for front:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

and this for rear:

Am i going to need shocks for the rear add a leafs? Already have billys on the rear from my TRD package.
send a message to sonny over at dsms(they are a vendor here) and let him know the setup you're gonna do and ask him about the rear. i think you'll need something a little longer than the stock shocks.