Notices

Extended Rear Shocks

Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
John Muir Apprentice
YosTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
YosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Extended Rear Shocks

I want to lift my Tacoma but would do it in stages for money reasons.
Stage 1: Front coilovers and matching rear shocks
Stage 2: All pro leaf spring pack for the rear

Would there be any effects of running either Bilstein 5100 or OME rear shocks BEFORE adding leaf springs? Even if it is for 6 months to a year?

Also, Bilstein website states the rear 5100s are good for a 0-1 inch lift but toytec says they work with lifts 0-3 inches. Where is this discrepancy coming from?

I am sure many have done it but if I follow the manufacture recomendations, Bilsteins are no longer an option with a 3" lift in the rear.

How much lift are the OME N182 designed to work with?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
John Muir Apprentice
YosTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
YosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Still looking for some answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
do some more research
Perhaps you could be more specific? Otherwise your post is quite useless and actually a bit rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
i agree, do it all at once. You'll end up saving money with alignments doing it all at once too
I was worried about having to do things over. Like alignment. That is a valid point. It is just hard to stomach spending so much money all at once but I might be happier in the long run if I just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
Look into toytec they have good kits at good a price
Obviously I have looked into toytec. One of my questions in OP asks about a difference between information on their site to information on a manufactures site.